The hotel in general is nicely decorated, and everything is as expected / like it is supposed to be, but the rooms are not very nice/new nor renovated. It looks a bit "worn down", except for the dining rooms and cafe.
The hotel was probably decorated in the eighties, but has not been kept very well. (The enterior reminded me of Riu Meloneras in Maspalomas, Gran Canario ref. my review, but Skodsborg is not nearly as nice as Riu even though the enterior was the same style!!)
And the door to the bathroom was just a thin glass-door that could not be closed properly.
Neither was the breakfast anything special.
However, note that the spa and the workout facilities and service provided is excellent(!), clean and very new! Everything from the great number of exercise equipment, terrace on the roof with aerobics classes, the saunas, the showers, the lockers, the tub, pool - looked new, clean and very well kept!
In addition, the food in the cafe was not bad.
And the terrace on the roof (breakfast&dinner) with a beautiful view, really adds to the whole experience.
The hotel also has its own beach 50m from the hotel.
There is a train close by that goes into the city. It costs around 60 DKK each way and takes around 20 minutes.
There is no air-condition in this hotel. Only windows and radiators.
Most of the food and beverages are organic, and they do not have e.g. Coca Cola. However, the alternative they served was very tasty.
I would only go back to this hotel if I was intending to work out many hours a day, relax, enjoy the spa etc. many hours a day, eat healthy and not eat very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to Kurhotel Skodsborg - an international spa hotel based on simple Nordic traditions where nature, history and beauty join forces with knowledge, passion and innovation. We aim to fulfil your wishes and provide an ideal environment, in which you can relax, recharge and return home with renewed energy. We invite you to enjoy our luxurious facilities, experience our royal history and make the most of our 115 years of experience with a healthy lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kurhotel Skodsborg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Skodsborg Kurcenter
- Kurhotel Skodsborg Copenhagen