All reviewsjacuzzi baththe pubthe private dining roomflask of fresh milkscallopsunderfloor heatingfish and chipslovely villageone night staysunday lunchyorkshire breakfastlovely roomcooked to perfectionexcellent stayyogurtwalnut roomprovenance
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Had a lovely meal here, Staff and management were very welcoming when we arrived.
meal service was faultless.
Paid by card, when asked to enter my PIN there was a question on the terminal asking if I would like to leave a gratuity via my debit card. I asked the member of staff I they received these and very nervously I was told that they do not!
Disgusting, you should be well ashamed!! This has put me of what is a lovely place to eat and I will let others know!!

Room Tip: Tip the staff directly!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank meg616
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the luxury Oak room which was beautifully presented with fresh milk, cafetiere with local ground coffee, Yorkie chocolate bars as well as the usual tea tray items. There was a large bath with jets and a separate shower cubicle and the ability to turn on under floor heating if required. The Yorkshire breakfast was delicious. We really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flygirl_1085
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff, great room upstairs for family functions etc, reasonable prices, excellent food & service. Helperby is a lovely little place, you can also stay over at The Oak Tree, the rooms are beautiful too, a famous film was made in Helperby due to its period charm.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carolinemetcalfe
Reviewed July 23, 2017

The Oak Tree is a fantastic Inn in a beautiful village. We were only staying for one night so chose a smaller room but it was still very good and had everything we needed, and more: a beautiful chandelier! The food was well above average, we had a delicious meal and despite the Inn being very busy the service was spot on, and the staff happy and helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We booked to go to this venue to celebrate joint family birthdays and because we have been here a few times and always been more than happy with the food and service. We booked our table through trip advisor which was quick and easy to do. When we got to the pub though, we found it to be bursting at the seams with very few staff who were running around like headless chickens, we waited 15mins at the bar to be served and told to go sit down and someone would come and get us. Another 15 minutes later a waiter who was clearing the table next to us asked us if we were ok so we told him we had booked a table, he hadn't been informed that we were waiting, by this time we were nearly half an hour late to be seated. What can I say, what happened to steak and lobster night and being able to upgrade steaks? The main menu also had poor choice, especially when my sons girlfriend is allergic to seafood and a bit sensitive to beef too, it needs to have a couple of chicken choices available. Dessert menu was also a bit of a let down to previous visits, I'm a pudding person and considering it's summer there was very little summer fruit based puds. All that said, the food was well cooked and presented but we could get the same at any other pub so not inspired to go out of our way to come here as we have before. The waitress Sharlotte deserves a mention because despite being obviously busy, she had enough time to be friendly and helpful, her service couldn't be faulted, even changing the lipstick marked wine glass, she also spied me polishing mine. Come on Oak Tree Inn, you've probably lost our business and won't be recommending you again in a hurry, we've always raved about you before. Put some more staff on and make sure that customers aren't left waiting when they've booked a table!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family