All reviewsjacuzzi baththe pubthe private dining roomflask of fresh milkscallopsunderfloor heatingfish and chipsblack sheeplovely villageone night staysunday lunchyorkshire breakfastlovely roomexcellent staycooked to perfectionyogurtwalnut room
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Only a one night stay but nothing I could find that was not good about my stay. Great selection of food and drink. Clean and quiet room fitted out to a high standard. Top notch breakfast. Helpful and efficient staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
OakHelperby, Manager at The Oak Tree Inn, Helperby, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments, it means alot as we are now nearly a whole year old!! we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed here on our way back from Scotland to break the long drive. In a sweet little village a short distance from the A1 but very quiet. I am so glad we stopped there. The room was small but spotless with a very comfy bed and a good bathroom. We slept well and were only awakened once by a local cockerel. The food was very good - both dinner and breakfast. Lovely local ingredients very well cooked. It was buzzing on a Sunday evening which I always think is a good sign too. Friendly and professional service too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LotusEaterLondon

Thank you for your great comments- i do think that cockerell is famous!!
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stumbled across this pub's website whilst searching for a hotel in York and I am glad I did!!
It was just perfect. We were meeting friends for a catch up. We could sit at a table and enjoy the company without shouting to be heard or being jostled - and no waiting for a taxi back to the hotel!!
The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The pub was traditional in feel but with a contemporary twist. The rooms were well appointed and the bed extremely comfortable. (just stayed in a standard room)
The food; beautiful. All four of us chose something different and all raved about how good it was. I had the rack of sticky ribs for my main and that alone was worth the 2 hour drive. I exaggerate not.
We will recommend this place over and over and will be back, without a doubt.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank julia w
OakHelperby, Manager at The Oak Tree Inn, Helperby, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your great comments, we are delighted you had a nice time and hope to welcome you at The Oak Tree again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed at the Oak Tree for 3 weeks on a buisiness trip. I was allocated Lime room and was amased by the standard of it. Large comfortable bed, good size room and fantastic bathroom all immaculately clean and tidy. The food in the hotel was to die for, and after 3 weeks of eating here I had no complaints just praise for a professional and friendly service. Oh and the pie night!!! How on earth did I survive 8 of the best tasting pies and still manage breakfast the next day? I wont tell the wife if you dont :) An excellent place to stay on buisiness but next time it will be for pleasure, cant wait to return!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your great feedback- our aim was to make it feel like home from home for you! We will certainly send you an email when we have a date for the next Pie Night! We look forward to welcoming you and your family next time you are in the area

Reviewed February 5, 2012

just returned from a night at the Oak Tree, wasn't sure what to expect. Arrived late afternoon, where the Inn was quit busy had to ask at the bar for attendance. We were taken taken to our room {Oak room}had the amenities and fire drill explained. The room was very spacious clean the bathroom was great. Booked in for dinner in the restaurant, which was very good and excellent value. Would I recommend staying and eating at the Oak Tree YES ! I will visit again

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulhedgley

Many thanks for your kind comment, we hope to see you again soon!!