All reviewsjacuzzi baththe pubthe private dining roomflask of fresh milkscallopsunderfloor heatingfish and chipsblack sheeplovely villageone night staysunday lunchyorkshire breakfastlovely roomexcellent staycooked to perfectionyogurtwalnut room
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stopped here for lunch on the way home from a holiday for some late lunch, and weren't disapointed! I had the best pork ribs I've ever had and my partner realy enjoyed his BLT sandwich! We'll definately be going here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My wife and I have dined here on several occasions now and i thought it only right that I put pen to paper, as it were.

The food here is constantly good and it is pleasing to see that everything served on the menu is made on the premises. There were some delights such as, the soft shelled crab which until now I have only ever found in Cornwall - delicious. The game dishes i would also recommend. Surprisingly, the food is very reasonably priced and this will probably go some way to explain its rising popularity.

The staff are always friendly and extremely accommodating (especially when we arrived without booking), on that note; i would recommend that diners book in advance as the restaurant fills very quickly, to avoid disappointment.

I remember this inn from its past owner and may I add, it in no way resembles what it once was. It has been completely refurbished/built and is now very welcoming.

In summary; very good and well worth a diversion on your trip to York for a delightful experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We found the Oak Tree from a write up in the Sunday Times 15 best pubs with rooms,all I can say is fantastic ! lovely room lovely food great service from really friendly staff, we will definitely stay there when we go to Yorkshire again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Willow room which is one of the smaller rooms but had a king size bed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RichardOconnell507
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Party of fourteen for lunnch. Great meal and food was superb. House Pinot to open the batting with for the girls and a combination of Black Sheep and Tiimy Taylors for the boys.
Cote de Rhone with the beef and the cheese washed down with some Sauterne with the puddings.
Marvellous.
If you go there which I hope you do; please give Jessica the waitress a Jumbo good tip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We were diverted here from the Durham Ox (sister pub) as they were full. What a find! Great room, fab food and the most amazing service from the guy was working lunch, dinner and breakfast the next morning - excellent breakfast too! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple