“Healing power”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chowara
Linz, Austria
“Healing power”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

All people of the team in Ideal Resort helped me to find my energy again.
That is the best part that the people there are so nice!
I really loved the daily treatment in combination with yoga in a very friendly,
warm atmosphere. If you want to do something goog for your body and mind,
I just recommend this place to recover!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gerda_raff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I spent 2 weeks here on a slimming program. The 2 hours a day of massage therapy was wonderful. I lost weight and had a really restful time. The room was big and spacious. I had a non-A/C room with a ceiling fan and was very comfortable. The bed was firm, as most beds in India are. In the bathroom, make sure they show you where the switch is to turn on the hot water tank if you want hot water. Meals were pretty OK. I have trouble with spicy foods so it was a little hard for me to eat what they brought me for lunch and dinner. The waiter really tried to please me. I guess it is hard for the cook to understand the palate of someone who likes foods free of spice. The manager was nice and the go-to person for any questions. He arranged a driver to pick me up and use for day excursions. The driver, Anun, spoke English well and was a good guide for my few trips in the area. I went in late August, early September and the place was very quiet. I added yoga classes to my program and had the teacher, Suleiman, all to myself. It was a terrific introduction to yoga. I found this time of the year to be the perfect time for treatment. The therapists were fresh and had time to really give a great treatment. They were fabulous. I had less interaction with the Ayurvedic doctor. The first doctor I saw was in an accident and replaced by another doctor who had less command of English and less informative. I asked several times for information about the treatments I was getting and the only thing I got was a day by day list of the therapy, not a description of the therapy or anything about the medicines. If I focused on just the room and the massage therapy, I would give this place 5 stars. The food variety and lack of doctor explanations reduce this place for me. As a single, older female, I felt very safe here. I loved sitting in the courtyard and watching the dragonflies hover near the pool. There was nice music coming from the nearby church a lot of the time that just added to the ambiance, in my opinion. There are lots of Ayurvedic spas in the area and most are fancier and more expensive. Ideal Ayurvedic Resort was a great place and terrific value for me.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the second floor overlooking the pool. The newer rooms at the back are nice. Th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank StarrsySmith
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was absolute relaxing experience. A friendly atmosphere. Soothing feeling with different ayurvedic treatments.People in Ideal Ayurvedic Resort have superb in their treatments & attitude. of all staff members was incredible. Adorable services make you feel Home Away Home. Cook in the resort used to serve me the desired menu. Doctor at resort were expert enough to identify your body problem and proposes treatment accordingly. I would really love to visit again. Offcourse the service they provide with the price is more that any can provide. I would strongly recommend if you have any decease or any kind of body problem you should try once the treatment schedule of Ideal Ayurvedic Resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Milano
Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you are looking for a place where you could plenty relaxing and where all take care of you, you have to go to the idel ayurvedic resort. Is a place where you are not a customer but a member of a family that take care of you for food, ayurvedic treatment and all. A place simple but the right response to who are serching the true ayurdeda at reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank almitraMilano
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a shock when I arrived! First, the taxi was not at Trivandrum airport to meet me! Fortunately a very nice local Indian couple helped me to locate a 'safe' taxi to get to the hotel. As a woman traveling alone one needs to be careful.
I arrived to be greeted by the Hotel manager/owner Sunu - he wasn't too happy to have been called from the airport by a desperate woman wondering how I was to get to the hotel!. I was led down a dirt track to the man reception & courtyard overlooking the pool. Wow this didn't look anything like the pictures I had seen on the website!
I was there to meet a friend who was coming from the Far East - she had been there a few days ahead of me. She assured me the place would grow on me, there were some lovely people there which I agreed with after a day or two BUT the hotel needs a complete revamp, refurnish etc. the kitchen is makeshift and not a place to visit! I could scarcely believe my eyes when I saw the state of it - it should have been closed down! Despite this they did manage to produce some tasty meals but they were few and far between. It was very amateurish! The cleaners were also amateurish - sure they changed the bed & towel daily and swept the floor but the cobwebs remained, I had to ask for a clean bath mat etc - left used by previous guests etc - the shower cubicle needed retiling etc! Yet somehow I managed to enjoy the stay due mainly to excellent company. The massages were good but not out of this world, after a few days I asked to have a different therapist as one was known to give a good head massage - so glad I changed masseurs! Auyvreda treatment I would question - a pleasant doctor, prescribed various potions and pills but I doubt they made any difference! The treatment rooms need a good clean up too!
I would so love to see this place get a revamp - I would offer to go and help get the place cleaned up and put back to what it obviously once was but I gather that Sunu's hands are tied by his "unwell" father. Such a shame.
The beach is a good healthy walk - downhill most of the way but remember you've got a steep climb back up! It is a nice beach but beware that you don't use the part of the beach where the fishermen leave their boats - it's also their latrine and no they don't mind crouching down to defacate in front of you! So turn right when you get to the beach and you'll be ok! The current is quite strong so only strong swimmers should venture into the sea.
It's cheap n'cheerful - will I go back - I don't know, it's unlikely but I did learn to relax there. I wish Sunu all the luck in the world running this place but unless there's investment I'm afraid it won't last much longer yet some of the guests I met there return year on year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BabsW1947
Auroville, India
Reviewed May 16, 2013

For the price per room air conditioned, this place is nice. It is close to the other big resorts so is ideally located with proximity to the big resorts making it very convenient to walk to all places and also to the beach. so when one wants to check out the big ones, this is the perfect place to stay. There isn't much you can do here. My wife and I were most of the time and returned only in the afternoon for a rest and maybe later in the night.
It has the basic facilities one is looking for - a tiny pool (not much used), ayurvedic massages (we didn't try any), wi fi in the rooms...generator back up, dining facilities.
If you are travelling with a group or back packing then this place is perfect. The resort Manager Sunu is one of the most helpful guys and a pleasant personality. Please give it a try....don't expect very high standards...in that case go for the more expensive ones.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bunty B
Juelsminde, Vejle, Denmark
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Thanks to Shaji .. You gave us many wonderful experiences on our day trip .. Thank you for inviting us to dinner in the temple, and share both the temple and your sweet family with us ...Would strongly recommend Shaji ... - Which can be ordered through the hotel maneger ..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowara
The Travancore Heritage Beach Resort
The Travancore Heritage Beach Re...
#8 of 94 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Abad Harmonia
Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village
Niraamaya Retreats
Niraamaya Retreats
#1 of 52 in Kovalam

Been to Ideal Ayurvedic Resort? Share your experiences!