“Enchanting..relaxing..also a burping experience..” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Hinatuan
Butuan, Philippines
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Enchanting..relaxing..also a burping experience..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Enchanted River is located in Hinatuan, Surigao del sur..it's a 4hour or 4 1/2 hour drive from Butuan City. if you are outside Mindanao, its best that your point of entry is in Butuan City or Davao City. it is better if you chartered a van (there are lots of PUV lining at the Butuan City terminal or at the airport), as it's more convenient than the bus as the Enchanted River lies in a midland, very remote, 12 kilometers away from the national highway. I have visited Enchanted River numerous times, with friends outside Mindanao, relatives who want to visit there. I had revisited the place very recently and what impressed me most this time was the affordable sea food selling near the area and a organized, well managed resort from the municipal tourism office. A few meters before the area, there are shanties that sell a wide array of affordable sea foods that are recently caught in the ocean. Since we didn't bring our lunch we bought food and they cook it for us, they even sell utensils if you don't bring any. We had a sumptuous lunch. The water is cool, very blue, and very clear. Since most of my group don't know how to swim we rented life vests (15 pesos per hour). I used goggle and its very clear to see a school of fish, its like swimming in a large aquarium with different school of fishes surrounding me. Since we arrived past 12 noon, we missed the first fish feeding but at around 2:30, there is a music,a kundiman heralding the fish feeding for the 2nd time and of course the swimmers are signaled to get out from the water. What was disappointing for me was that this time around there were only few fishes that came out for the feeding, maybe because it was the 2nd time or they were afraid to come out since there are a lot of crowds. You can also go island hopping near the area, and it is uniformed fare in all motorized bancas or pumpboats so you are not be afraid that you will be swindled.

It is worth the entrance fee of 30 pesos as the attendants are very hospitable and the place is nice.
The changing room needs to be improved especially the comfort room as it smelled. Nevertheless, i still want to come back and recommend it to my friends.

Visited August 2013
15 Thank myra2010

Manila, Philippines
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“refreshing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

we went here for our team building, a lot talks about this place so I was excited to see it for myself. it was far from Davao City, maybe took us 6hrs or more to get there. the road is not very convenient as you get nearer the place because it is not yet concrete. as we arrived I immediately looked around and took photos. the water was so blue, so clean and refreshing but looks so deep. as said, no one has ever reached the bottom of this river, not even professional scuba divers, that's how deep it is and maybe that's why they called it Enchanted River... I'm not really a swimmer, good thing they have life vest but it's not for free. it was really cold. the water was so clear you can even see the school of fish from above.. they have fish feeding at exactly 12noon so they advise all visitors to stay out of the water. they also have an island tour, it was so hot, the boat's cover isn't enough (i got sunburned ). after the tour we were so hungry, the guy offered their menu so we ordered and it was good! didn't take so much time. the one thing i didn't like here was their shower room, i think they are still renovating the place. but i really recommend you visit here. it was only a day tour, so sad we needed to pack up.

Visited September 2012
10 Thank ellajmnz
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Majestic, Enchanting, Mysterious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

At long last, I made it to Enchanted River!!! This beautiful river is no easy to found but worth the long drive. From Manila, I took flight to Davao and drove for almost 5-7 hours and get mesmerize by its enchanting beauty. The deep blue, cold and fresh water is so inviting. The water is so clear and very clean and you just want to soak all day. It is like huge natural aquarium because of big different species of fish. Food is not a problem if you travel here, there's a lot of locals that can cook food for you. Sea foods are extremely affordable!!! I would love to go back again.

Visited March 2013
12 Thank AgostoAgustin
Los Angeles, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Tandag-Hinatuan enchanted river”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

HOW TO GET THERE:
Take a south bound bus to Davao or Butuan from Tandag and stop in hinatuan.
THE RIVER:
....so called because of the mesmerizing bluish-green (turquoise ) color of the waters due to mixture of sea and spring water.Huge fishes of different species come out on cue when feeds/chopped squid is thrown into the water.life jackets can be rented and a pump boat can be hired to take to the open sea and fish pens where more fishes can be seen/ordered and cooked.

Visited September 2012
11 Thank paulviajero
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Crystal Blue Water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

As the title said. I've been here twice the first time was on 2011 where the place is not yet too crowded and less develop (much better that way). On my second visit the plàce has now more concrete that it's appeal for me a bit, also it was summer that makes it full of visitors, yet even if it was over crowded the water was still crystal clear.

Visited May 2013