“Out-of-words amazement”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Out-of-words amazement”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The term enchanted justifies the Hinatuan River in Surigao. Ive been here 2x already and it never fails to awe me in a lot of ways. The place itself is not really extravagant but is clean and cozy, and it's practically put in for public. Very cheap Entrance fee will be charged per pax. There are tables for rent for u to dine but there are no rooms or cottages for the guest to stay so better not bring a lot with you.
The river looks like a lagoon and is a mixture of salt and fresh water. The temperature is perfect for swimming. The place is picture perfect. But what would really captivate u is its "color": perfect blue. Youwould think its photoshopped, but no, it is the real thing. Think that was it? Try looking under water and youll be more amazed! Thay was my favorite actually.
One of the attractions is the fish feeding at 12noon. Everyone is called out of the water, then the locals throw fish food into the river to attract schools of fish. So better be there before lunch time. They also offer island hopping activities.
Things not to forget: camera and goggles! :)

4 Thank Kristheta

Davao, Philippines
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Perfect for Soul searhing!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

A perfect place for soul searching and for contemplating as well! I enjoyed a lot this river boosting with different kinds of fishes swimming, with different sizes and color. I remember the same scenario when I went to boracay, I swam with fishes. I love the site, I was deeply in love really. See it for yourself!

2 Thank gplihaylihay
Davao City, Philippines
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“water is so blue, enchanting indeed”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I saw the sign "15 km to Enchanted River" while entering Barangay Talisay. I tried to mentally calculate how long are we going with the bumpy rough road to reach Enchanted River. It was indeed a hard drive. It seems going in the middle of the jungle. Though it was a bumpy ride, I was just anticipating that it will be worth when I get to see in person what I saw in the pictures,

Getting there, I saw the normal site of a resort, with picnic cottages. I said to myself, nothing extra special. But lo and Behold...when I saw the river, my eyes grew so big and I had to catch my breath. This is the first time I am seeing a river so blue, so amazing, so enchanting.

Fishes are visibly wonderful to see in the clear waters. The river is bounded with unexploited forest. Hopefully, the river would remain clean and clear for the next decades.

Visitors come with their picnic baskets as there are no restaurant to buy food.

Tourist normally visits souvenir shops, but they don't have much stuff we could choose from.

I may not see another river so blue and so enchanting as this...come and see for yourself.

1 Thank 6452
Quezon City, Philippines
185 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 355 helpful votes
“A treasured natural wonder - The Enchanted River of Surigao”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A friend of mine who hails from Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur have always boasted of The Enchanted River. Having been well travelled in different tourist spots in the Philippines as well as in foreign countries, I can not picture it in my imagination. So during the long holidays of November, 2012, I dared buy a plane ticket to Butuan City from Manila. It was more than an hour flight and we had to ride a land cruiser for another 3 hours or so. Finally, we arrived in a small sleepy coastal town of Hinatuan nearly sunset. Early morning after breakfast, we all hied off to the Enchanted River. From the main highway, it was a 20 kilometer drive through even but rough roads. Once, you get there, one will notice the quaint small huts with tables for rent for an hour or a day. A water vest can be rented if you need one to be safe in the river. You cant see the river from the roads. It is hidden in a gully with ridges on both side. Going down rocks and naturally formed steps, the river lays its majestic beauty beneath you. Amazingly aquamarine in color, the brackish water (combination of fresh water and sea water) is virginally clean and one will see the countless big fish that inhabits the waters. With a deep measuring 7 fathoms down, the river is not too wide at15 to 20 feet across. There is even a hidden cave underneath the end of the river where the local folks say hides a spring of fresh water. On a sunny day though, the water is soothingly cool to the skin. A dip in the waters one will find the company of young kids, teens and a variety of tourists from different parts of the country.........all marvelling at this natural wonder. We hired a boat and explored the river which after a kilometer or so meets the sea. The banks are lined with mangrove forests and tall trees with a bio-diverse foliage of orchids and ferns. Twas really a day to remember in Surigao del Sur.

1 Thank KIMI4812
Davao City, Philippines
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Truly enchanted”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I been there last summer during holy week and i forgot to review the place on tripadvisor community. The place is truly enchanted since the river look so lovely and so deep i tried to swim and i found out my self that you can not see the floor because its 80 ft deep my GOD and when i use googles i see many and large fishes below, but they dont bite the swimmers above, one thing amaze me is that you cannot see creatures above or even you swim to the river with out using googles while the water are so clean and crystal clear. Sooo enchanteeeed...

One thing that i want to give suggestion is that the place was not manage well the no proper cr, no proper wash up room, no proper cottages, since the place has been put as attraction the mgt should be responsible to do things that would comfort the tourists needs.
Tourism business really a big business helps the community earnings and at the same time the local Govt. too hope that this review would be a wake up call to the mgt.
To the tourist, a place to see and a must visit.

Visited April 2012