“Truly enchanted”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Truly enchanted”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I been there last summer during holy week and i forgot to review the place on tripadvisor community. The place is truly enchanted since the river look so lovely and so deep i tried to swim and i found out my self that you can not see the floor because its 80 ft deep my GOD and when i use googles i see many and large fishes below, but they dont bite the swimmers above, one thing amaze me is that you cannot see creatures above or even you swim to the river with out using googles while the water are so clean and crystal clear. Sooo enchanteeeed...

One thing that i want to give suggestion is that the place was not manage well the no proper cr, no proper wash up room, no proper cottages, since the place has been put as attraction the mgt should be responsible to do things that would comfort the tourists needs.
Tourism business really a big business helps the community earnings and at the same time the local Govt. too hope that this review would be a wake up call to the mgt.
To the tourist, a place to see and a must visit.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank charcieldavao

Victoria, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“Looks nice in pictures, but seemed dirty and a very long trip to get there.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been looking forward to visiting this magical place for a few years, always making plans to go but we finally had the chance to visit it. It was an extremely far, hot, bumpy ride from Tagum City. I hoped that when I got there all my cares would melt away in the enchanted river.. unfortunately it was crowded and dirty. The water was murky and there were no garbage cans so there were piles of garbage and even a dirty diaper on the tables. When I went down to the river to swim there was a man horking loudly and spitting into the river, twice. It wasn't somewhere that I really wanted to swim, especially after I saw others blowing their noses into it. People were staring at me and making comments, as I'm a foreigner, and I just didn't feel comfortable. In addition, there were no real facilities there. I had to crawl through rusty barbed wire to use the CR from the parking lot, which had no water. After such anticipation of this supposedly magical place I was disappointed. It was not worth the trip.

Visited October 2012
11 Thank ccduckie
Singapore
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“An Enchanting River Indeed!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

When i arrived there after a long drive, all our tiredness just melted away when we saw the river. The water was so crystal clear, that I could see the fishes and the deep chasm underneath the crystal clear water. I can't believe what I saw, and even after seeing the photos on the internet and by friends who have been there, nothing could prepare me on what i saw with my own eyes!

The management was smart enough to split the river into two sections, one is the shallower part where those not brave or confident enough can waddle and enjoy the waters while the one with the deep blue waters is the one which contained the underwater chasm that can be seen in the photographs. The water is so clear, that I could see the people swimming on the other end of the river from where i was! When i swam over the underwater chasm, i was spectacularly thrilled with all the fishes swimming around and the nature of the rocks which really made my jaw drop. No photographs can do the place justice, you really need to go and see the river first hand to experience it. It's like nothing I've ever seen or experienced before in my life, and to think that its found in this remote area of the Philippines. It is indeed a hidden gem.

My only regret, was not having an underwater camera to capture the beauty beneath the waters, which you can't really capture from the surface. If you go there, you have to absolutely try to get your hands on an underwater camera and bring it there!!!!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mikas101
Manila, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Mysterious, deep blue saltwater river!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Come visit this wonderful natural attraction to see deep sea fishes rising from the aqua depths to feed at lunchtime, when music is played form the loudspeakers. It's a wonder to behold

Visited January 2012
5 Thank Jane G
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stunning!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Long drive ya but it's all worth it at the end... it's absolutely stunning place to visit. I love it and so as my family and we really enjoyed it so much. The island hopping was so much fun, it costs P150 for five people in one banana boat and we went to different places. I was amazed how beautiful and clear the water in the ocean.. it's so clear you can see the bottom of it. The boat driver will take you to different places and one fo the two places we went to has entrance fee of P5 per person but you don't have to go into it if you don't want to.. the only thing is you will missed the opportunity of enjoying the whole island and the beauty of it. Perfect sand, coconut trees, powder white sands, swimming with different color of fish, fish feeding.. what else you could ask? Pure beauty!!! Definitely will go back again!

Visited July 2012