I spent a weekend at Nirvana with friends. It is aptly named, very quiet and beautiful. The rooms are all in separate little units, I stayed in the Tranquility room. It was beautiful and absolutely spotless. The bathroom was huge and had a massive soaker tub, with large windows overlooking a luscious green valley. I generally have trouble sleeping but the bed was so comfortable and it was so quiet that I slept soundly both nights I was there. There is a gorgeous swimming pool and Nirvana also offers spa services, I had a lovely facial and my friend fell asleep during her massage. The restaurant is amazing, the menu is very modern and all fresh ingredients. I highly recommend the shrimp tacos, they were the best I have ever had. There is free wifi in the main lobby/restaurant area but not in the rooms themselves. It is a dog friendly place, with a couple of sweet resident dogs as well.
Nirvana is a short drive to the picturesque town of San Miguel, where you can poke around interesting stores and see the beautiful, traditional buildings and cathedral. Nirvana is about a 3 hour drive from Mexico City (depending on traffic) and a bit off the beaten path, but it is the perfect place to stay if you just want to relax and escape the stresses of life for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IMAGINE... A countryside refuge, embraced by whispering palms and the pacific murmurs of the Laja River. Here, everything gives you the warmest welcoming: adobe palm and exotic woods.The touching beauty of every detail and the fusion of nature & architecture is striking. Inside the fragarant rooms, sobriety merges with the silent landscape. Light overwhelms you to the soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Nirvana Restaurant Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirvana Restaurant Retreat Hotel El Santuario
- Nirvana Restaurant Retreat San Miguel De Allende, Mexico