“Looked promising, but was a disappointment”

Wild Olives Wine Cheese Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Wild Olives is located in Rosemary Beach along Scenic Highway 30-A. We offer retail products as well as a full menu. Our retail shop offers, wine, cheese and foods that pair well with wine and cheese. Our full menu has lunch & dinner items and we offer wines by the glass as well as by the bottle from our retail wine shop - we do not charge a corkage fee when dining with us. Our menu provides, small plates, sandwiches, salads, flatbread pizzas and after 5 pm dinner choices. Every Friday from 5-7 we have a wine tasting with live music - for $30.00. Happy Hour is every day 3-6. (all our prices are subject to change). We do not accept reservations.
Panama City, Florida
“Looked promising, but was a disappointment”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visiting Rosemary Beach on business, we stopped at Wild Olives Market for lunch.
The menu was overpriced, but interesting and offered several favorites. When the waiter finally returned, we gave our order.
It was all downhill from there. The food took 28 minutes to arrive. My salad was adequate, overdressed and had one artichoke heart in the whole dish.
My husband's fish sandwich was greasy, smelled fishey and consisted of several end pieces rather than a whole fillet.
The wine, a scant 4 oz pour, served in a 16 oz glass for $8.00/glass.
The server brought our check and did not return until 15 minutes later with the receipt.
We will not be returning to this establishment.

2 Thank panamanorth
Chris T, Owner at Wild Olives Wine Cheese Bistro, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am very sorry for your poor experience at Wild Olives. I hope you give us another opportunity to make a better impression. Our fish sandwiches are usually the best and we get regular cudos on our salads as well. Pricing is something that we are always concerned about and we strive to give you the best prices that we can. Our wines by the glass are a 6 oz pour and we do use a nice large wine glass for all of our wines. Again I am sorry for your experience and hope that you will choose to visit us again, and please ask for me, I would like to personally make sure your visit is the bestt! Thank you, Chris

Santa Rosa Beach
“Lovely little lunch in Rosemary Beach”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My friend and I stopped for a weekday lunch now that the crowds have died down. And it was not disappointing. My friend had a huge corned beef sandwich served on a very good chewy marbled rye. I had the crab cakes over arrugula (under lite bites) They were creamy and declicious. Our waitress/hostess was very sweet and accomodating. I'll be back. A great stop on 30A.

• Visited September 2012
Thank you so much for your visit and remarks. We do appreciate your business and hope you will visit with us again soon. Thank you, Chris
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were here for Sunday lunch. We asked for brunch and were told it was no longer offered on Sunday, the server said he was glad because he had to get up too early and learn a new menu. No kidding, it took 20 mins to get drinks...I timed it. My food came cold and had be sent back. The server said they'd make a new dish but all they did was reheat it. No one was crazy about their food. We asked for separate checks and got one....asked again then he forgot the other couple's check. Finally we get two checks but are overcharged. Fourth time it's straightened out. sorry, we wontbe back for food service, that's for sure.

1 Thank BlueEyedGirl
Sorry for your recent experience. Your comments have been shared with my staff, but as the owner, "the buck stops with me". My apologies for the lack of professional service. If you find it possible to give us another try please let me know, so I can personally apologize. Thank you, Chris
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice space with good food and slow service”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This used to be one of my favorite spots at Rosemary. They food has improved recently, but the service is slow and they made me feel like I was doing them a favor.

They have a great outdoor space that allows kids to play and move around, but I sometimes felt like they forgot we were there.

They are not always opened as posted, but they do have a retail market with snacks and a really great wine selection.

Try it out and maybe it will be back to how it used to be.

Visited June 2012
“Rosemary's Casual Café Gem”
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Great service, cool atmosphere, and then there's the food!! Super choice for a pleasantly varied menu. They've got it all...from the Charcuterie Board with Sopressata, Coppa, and Prosciutto to kid-friendly corn dogs! The Bistro 104 burger is a "can't miss," and the tempura shrimp (with their über unique batter!) is a "must try" too. Service was par excellence...we had one of the most sincere and friendly waitresses I've met. She even brought us some of their house-made marinated olives in a to-go container since we raved about them so! Don't miss this little gem!!