“Stunning Property”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosemary Beach
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The Pearl is a delight! Service was wonderful. Very well appointed room with a beautiful gulf view and THE most comfy bed (#305)... nightly turndown service with a different freshly made treat and candles is an extra special touch.
They really keep you hydrated with unlimited availability of their refreshing water bottled in house... Havana Beach Bar & Grill downstairs did not disappoint, great cocktails, food, and staff! Loved our waiter Chaz and their popovers are truly unique! Short very pleasant walk to the beach - we can't speak highly enough of the complimentary beach service... Beach chairs and umbrella, that delicious icy cold water, and the NiCEST guys down there, they set up and pick up and check on you all day... Such hard working guys... Paul and Evan?? Hope I didn't mess that up...they were so kind! (Remember to tip well)
There are restaurant options in the little town of Rosemary - all walking distance - we only got our car from (also complimentary) valet once to drive down 30-A to dinner but we wouldn't have had to!
Only negatives... Wi-Fi was spotty and 'in room controls' need to have kinks ironed out.
From the time we checked in and were offered a bubbly glass of champagne to the minute the valet bid us safe travels home, we couldn't have asked for more!
Thanks to my travel guru Pat Kurzweg for finding The Pearl which is truly a Gem ; )

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BchBnd-LA
Gabrielle T, General Manager at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

We are so happy your enjoyed your time with us, we enjoyed having you as well! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

While we always rent homes in RMB, we checked in to The Pearl, to be here early & for extra days. Wise decision!
The rooms are beautiful, exceptionally clean & they are well appointed. TV in the bathroom mirror, wonderful linens, and truly beautiful artwork.
The pool area & upper deck are stunning, but not visible from the quaint cobblestone streets.
We returned to our room, and found electric candles glowing, homemade cookies and our bed turned down. It was a nice touch.

The only downside? The check-in. I wasn't sure where to park while I went to the desk, and parked a few blocks away. Then had to get the car, to have it valet parked. Simply, a better sign is needed.

Overall, the staff was beyond helpful and courteous. Elliott, especially when I had a concern regarding the air conditioning. He was over the top at taking care of my concerns.
Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will look into the signage, this is a great suggestion and we sincerely value your opinion. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My girlfriends and I were on a quick three night get away to the pearl. All three of us travel a lot and have stayed many places up and down 30A. We were in shock at how disappointed we were with the Pearl. We spent the entire weekend trying to give this charming hotel every chance to succeed however everything from front desk check in to spa service is non existent. Major lack of service and rudeness of staff. The spa was very unorganized and incompetent. Once I got into my facial my therapist told me she never gives facials and did not have any of the equipment in the room (standard steamer and light). Waiters at breakfast were extremely rude. No one seemed to know anything about their surroundings or want to help assist us in anyway. We were extremely disappointed with every aspect of our stay at the pearl. Unless they get new management I would not recommend staying at the hotel.

5  Thank Lexieanne

Our apologies your experience was favorable. We take your comments very seriously and we are concentrating on ensuring a high level of service is delivered consistently. The Pearl is under new management and unfortunately sounds like you visited during the transition, although this is never an excuse. We do hope you come back and we have the opportunity to change your initial impression into a rewarding and memorable experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for a few nights before our beach house was ready. It's a stunning little hotel that impresses with its champagne greeting, the architecture, and amazingly comfortable beds. I was sold a suite and was told that there was a couch that my child could sleep on. I'm not sure why the hotel even built these suites, and will stress that they are not worth any extra money over a standard room. The alcove contains a two seater couch, ottoman, chest with tv over it. The tiny couch was too small for my 5 year old to sleep on. There is room for a pullout sofa bed, so I've no idea why the hotel isn't using the space better. There was another family at the pool who had the same issue. Both of our families also experienced that the air conditioning does not effectively cool the alcoves.
Rosemary beach draws a family crowd. Not sure why the hotel would not cater to children. The restaurants didn't have anything that my children would eat. My kids love a night of room service and a movie but that wasn't an option. However, the bartenders were great and I brought up some French fries for my kids. Probably some of the best fries I've ever had!! The Movies wouldn't download due to over burdened internet but the tech guys were nice and were finally able to get it to work.
If my husband and I had been there without our kids, we would have loved our stay. But this hotel is not for families. When I booked our room I asked if children were allowed since their website mainly shows couples holding hands, etc. The guy on the phone chuckled and said that of course children were allowed. The Pearl needs to fine tune it's identity. If it wants to be a romantic getaway destination in the middle of one of the most family-friendly beach towns, it is doing a good job.
It is nice to have a luxury hotel that doesn't require a Saturday to Saturday stay like most house rentals in Rosemary Beach. However, if The Pearl wants to attract families, it needs to do a better job.

6  Thank BlissRX

Thank you so much for your feedback! Yes, The Pearl is 30A's romantic destination and promotes an upscale quiet calm more in line with an adult get-a-way; however we have made some changes to assist our guests for a more family friendly experience. We have added a concierge service that can help build a great family vacation for our guests providing services with booking and information on activities and amenities locally to keep the kiddos smiling. There are some great children's amenities in Rosemary Beach and our sister property WaterColor Inn and Resort is one of the best family friendly resorts in the area. We have expanded offerings now that we are part of St. Joe Club & Resorts to include some more family orientated activities and accesses to many of the amenities at our properties along 30A. Thank you so much for taking time out to review, your feedback is invaluable to developing our services. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

No ice on arrival. No towels at pool. Meal seating and service is very slow in a half empty restaurant. No bellman to help with luggage. " lost" a car in valet charge. Dirty glasses and plates in pool area. Failed to deliver service for a luxury hotel

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Oddie111

Your feedback has been invaluable to us and we take your comments seriously. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share them. It is with our sincerest apologies that service levels were not met during your stay and we have taken action to correct them. We look forward to having the opportunity to help change your 1st impression of The Pearl into a positive and memorable experience.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I absolutely love this hotel. From the minute I arrived I felt pampered....the glass of champagne offered at check-in set the tone for my entire stay. Wonderful, friendly, attentive staff. Very comfortable rooms. Easy beach access right across the street with private chairs and umbrellas. I must find time to stay again.

Room Tip: I had a pool view and loved it. With doors closed I didn't hear a sound outside my room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank LisaD312614

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review The Pearl, we look forward to assisting in taking your cares away again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff couldn't be more accommodating, everyone I came in contact with treated me like a VIP. The property is immaculate, the little touches - turn down service with cookies, quality toiletries, complimentary water in the rooms - go a long way to making a guest feel pampered. The ipad in the room is a nice touch but it has little information on it, you can order room service through it which was convenient, but my breakfast was about 30 minutes late even though I ordered the night before. The rooftop bar wasn't serving food the two nights I was there, which seemed to be a surprise not only to me but to the staff as well, that was unfortunate. Everyone was incredibly friendly, I'd like to especially thank Christie at the bar - I caught up on some work in the lounge area had some lunch followed by a happy hour cocktail, she was the epitome of great customer service to everyone in the bar area. I will return!

Room Tip: Can't imagine there's a bad room, but top floor facing the gulf would be amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank ATLyankee

Thank you for your kind comments on the staff! We very much enjoyed having you with us and love being the location where we can help our guests get away from it all. We apologize that food service was not offered at the cabanas in a consistent fashion. We do currently offer food service daily and a new menu will be in effect mid-August. We would love to have you back to try it out! As always your feedback is welcomed and we thank you again for taking the time out to share.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemary Beach
30A Suites
#1 of 1 in Santa Rosa Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach-Beachfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City...
#1 of 48 in Panama City Beach
WaterColor Inn
WaterColor Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Rosa Beach
Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!