“My kind of place.”
Review of Rosemary Beach

Rosemary Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Rosemary Beach is a neo-traditional town located on northwest Florida's gulf coast, between Panama City and Destin, at the eastern end of Scenic Route 30A. Easily accessible by air or by car, the town is a 30-minute drive from the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport and a one-hour drive from the Fort Walton Beach Okaloosa Airport. The Rosemary Beach Land Company and President Patrick Bienvenue had a vision they wanted to share with the world. In 1995, that vision became a reality and Rosemary Beach was born. Rosemary Beach Land Company’s development plan is founded in the principles of New Urbanism and Traditional Neighborhood Development. Inspired by other classic beach towns, the 107-acre, gulf-front town of Rosemary Beach was designed to bring back the notions of community, neighborhood and convenience. In other words, this slice of heaven on earth offers residents the opportunity to live and work in paradise. In their search for paradise, people often travel to the far corners of the earth, only to come up empty-handed. In reality, paradise is a lot closer than most people think. Long stretches of pristine beaches made up of the brightest of white sands. Refreshing breezes blowing off the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. The peace and tranquility of gently lapping surf, singing gulls and sandpipers. These are things that have been quietly awaiting discovery in a section of Florida's panhandle. These are the ingredients that make up the town Rosemary Beach--paradise found.Residents of Rosemary Beach are lucky to not only live and work here, but also to have the opportunity to play here. When work is finished and the rest of the errands can wait, Rosemary Beach is the perfect location for a vacation. Mild year-round temperatures, yet still a change of season; spectacular beaches free from crowds; the natural beauty of a beach-side destination located on a designated scenic road; aesthetically-pleasing architecture and award-winning, expertly-designed layout; convenient and quaint town center, amenities such as tennis courts, pools, dune walkovers to the beach and lots of green areas in which to relax; these are the qualities of the new paradise of Rosemary Beach.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We "discovered" Rosemary Beach last year while we were driving around after dinner. We immediately fell in love and spent the next day in the area with our 3 children. I noticed it's a little more crowded this year, but that could be because we went the week after the 4th of July. It's definitely not as crowded as Seaside and there are no unsupervised, hormonally charged tweens and teens roaming the streets like Seaside. We love the area, the atmosphere, the shopping, the dining, everything! It's definitely a luxury spot but has a laid back style. If you're not staying in Rosemary Beach but want to spend the day in the town center, be sure to stop by Hidden Lantern, Sugar Shak and Summer Kitchen. Those are my top 3 favorite spots in Rosemary.

6  Thank PickyTraveler O
"off season"
"emerald coast"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My entire family stayed at Rosemary Beach the week of the 4th. We stayed across the street from the beach side. It was not too far to walk to the beach. We loved having bikes. The community is pretty flat, and you can easily ride anywhere you want to go. The water was gorgeous almost every day we were there. We could not have asked for better weather! The main thing that I really loved about Rosemary Beach is the safety factor. My children (13, 16) were able to walk/ride anywhere in the community safely. They loved having the freedom that they would not get in some other beach towns nearby.

The only negative I could add would be the traffic and congestion. It was the major holiday week of the summer, so it was basically what one would expect.

6  Thank MJillA
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Trading company has poor selection. It's not as charming as last year. Had great merchandise-- no more. Bikes are in terrible shape.....what was available. Don't know what happened. Much different than last few years

10  Thank Carobeast
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife, 2 daughters (14, 13) and I spent a week at Rosemary Beach. Quick walk to the beach, nice pools, close to grocery store ( we rented a condo), nice restaurants, outdoor concerts and nice safe feel for a family. My daughters walked back to the Condo by themselves and I was very comfortable. We were in the car twice - the rest was within walking distance. I road bike and found that all drivers respected my space on the highway - I felt safe. Highly recommend the location. As a reference we are frequent Hilton Head Island, SC visitors.

5  Thank KLCOBRA
See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you want to relax on your vacation, this is not the place. If you like the BEEP, BEEP, BEEP of backing construction trucks at 7am this is the place to go. If you want to ride your bike and dodge trucks delivering lumber, bulldozers and excavators, this is the place to go. And if the construction crews don't wake you up bright and early, they have a grounds maintenance crew who will. When I asked a crew member, Michael, why in the world he would be running a backpack blower full throttle outside our bedroom window at 7am he replied, "hey, I have a job to do and we start at 7am". If you want to sleep in on your vacation, this is not the place for you.
The service at the RB Cottage Co. is mediocre at best. They don't get in until 8:30am- maybe they need a backpack blower outside of their window- but they do have an answering service that will take your request and never report it to anybody.

If you are going to spend the kind of money Rosemary Beach charges, stay somewhere else and enjoy yourself.

16  Thank Practice1