“Great food, okay service....”
Review of Onano Neighborhood Cafe - CLOSED

Onano Neighborhood Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Great food, okay service....”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Ended up at Onana for dinner tonight after our original plans changed. We didn't have a reservation as a result, but we were pleasantly surprised when they said they should seat our party of five. We had a nice table on the sidewalk perfect for people watching. While I enjoyed a glass of wine, the four teenage girls I took debated what to choose for dinner. When our waiter checked the first time, I told him that we needed a few more minutes to decide. When he appeared the second time, not too long after, I commented that they were having trouble deciding. Instead of offering to explain the dishes, discuss favorites, etc., he just rather rudely informed us that we needed to hurry because they had to "turn the table over". I do understand this concept and we were there without a reservation, but I've truly never had a waiter say it to me. Needless to say, we ordered then!
Luckily, all the dishes that we ordered from fish, to pasta, to steak were truly delicious. This helped make up for the table comment. We had several clean plates, lots of trying others choices and what little was left, they wanted to take home with them. We even ended up having dessert, which we all enjoyed (especially the tiramisu).
I would definitely eat here again, and would make reservations next time. If not for the waiter's comment, it would have gotten an excellent rating.

Tennessee
“Yummy”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great service. Food was wonderful. Top notch staff.

Dallas, Texas
“Nice meal”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Sat outside--great people watching. Good food and service.

• Visited July 2012
“Great meal!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We went here for our last meal in Rosemary Beach. First the bread...oh my! It so moist and delicious. We had ordered calamari as an appetizer...not so good. Apparently they have a new chef but no worries they replaced it with a lobster and crab cake. That was excellent. For dinner I had the scallops with corn and crab risotto. My husband had a seafood dish. They were both fantastic. Dessert was a chocolate tart with a crust that was simply amazing.

The service was really good. It was friendly and attentive. Everyone there seemed to want us to have a good meal!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Slice of Northern Italy in NW Florida”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great place to sit outside and have a nice meal. You are very close to a green area beach side that is great for kids to play. We ordered and our child played while we waited. They have a great wine selection and the Caprese salad is always fresh. Desert selection was disappointing.

Visited June 2012