“Didn't get to square one”
Review of The Coffee Club

The Coffee Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Tuggerah
Berkeley Vale NSW Australia
“Didn't get to square one”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We called in here for dinner during late night shopping. I hadn't been there for a while but had always found it clean and the food reasonably good. I invited our daughter to join us but she said they were too slow and she had a soccer game later that night. I didn't realize how accurate she was. The cafe was only half full inside and out and we found a vacant table inside with no problems. There appeared to be plenty of staff. When we hadn't been given a menu after ten minutes we started making eye contact with staff which we succeeded in doing fairly regularly but this did not translate into any action. The staff all seemed very young and there was no apparent older person in charge. We were hungry and also keen to get back to shopping. After 20 minutes we were eying off the other eateries across the court. I then heard a waitress apologise to the table behind me for the delay and take their order. I awaited her arrival at our table but when I turned around she was gone. After 30 minutes and no action we discussed leaving which neither of us could recall ever doing anywhere in the past. The situation seemed bizarre. We analysed whether we had done anything wrong or anything to have upset the staff. We agreed on 5 more minutes after which we left. We went elsewhere and were welcomed and served promptly so presume it wasn't us.

• Visited December 2013