“excellent spot”

The Chalet Tearooms and Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tearooms and Restauran, serving high quality food and wine in a stunning location near the shores of derwent water..
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went for Valentine's Saturday, confident it would be good having had two lunches at the Chalet. It was superb in all respects - food quality and options, friendly service with no pressure to leave to get someone else in, decent value.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Third time I have visited this restaurant and the food is still excellent, Went with my wife and 2 daughters to celebrate our daughters belated birthday, I had the Lamb & black pudding dish which was fantastic, I love lamb but only tend to eat it when I go out for dinner and this dish was probably the best lamb dish I have ever had in a restaurant. All the other dishes were enjoyed by the rest of our group and all at a very reasonable price. Well done to all at the Chalet and keep up the good work.

1  Thank richatki
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Without doubt one of the best restaurants in the lakes. Food & service second to non. Great evening, plenty of choice - each course exceptional. I thought long and hard about reviewing the chalet (selfishly I want to guarantee a table) prices reasonable, well worth a visit. Cant wait to go back. ...

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Awesome- brilliant menu, fabulous service and the team made our eve special, Cant fault this modern , trendy but most of all friendly bistro with adventurous menu and portions to satisfy even the most hungry client. Made our trip to Keswick complete and happily tipped and complimented the staff...You cannot miss this bistro if in the area

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We called in with a cold dog who had been swimming in Derwentwater all afternoon. Very friendly staff, good coffee, peppermint tea, date slab, and dog biscuit!! :-)
We've never been before, but the place looked great. Very positive first visit.