“Mmmm”

The Chalet Tearooms and Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tearooms by day and a restaurant by night, serving high quality food and wine in a stunning location near the shores of derwent water..
Newcastle
“Mmmm”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This cafe was being refurbished the last time i passed it, which was a couple of years ago! My friends & i had a cottage in Stair, Newlands Valley, at the beginning of November this year. We always look for somewhere different to eat. We decided to have our "leaving" breakfast at the Chalet. We were the only people in. The place itself was very modern and yet very homely. The kitchen is open. You can see everything that the chef is doing. We all had the full Cumberland breakfast. No one, apart from me, left anything and i can assure you that if i could have found a space in my stomach to put the bit of sausage & the rasher of bacon that i left, i wuld have eaten the whole lot. Everything was hot & very tasty. I would definitely return

• Visited November 2013

St Albans, United Kingdom
“A jewel of a place in every respect.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is just perfect. What a find! Newly refurbished, it has beautiful decor, a log burning stove, 10/10 toilets, superbly thought out menu which is very reasonable and very friendly and efficient staff. What more can I say. Went there on the off chance and will definitely make a trip there each time we visit the Lake District. BRILLIANT!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Took my husband here for his birthday while we were staying about 20min away having found it on tripadvisor. It was a Saturday night and the only booking I could get was 6.30pm which I took to be a good sign! It was fantastic, the waitresses were excellent, the food absolutely out of this world and the atmosphere lovely. We felt truly spoilt and were really looked after. I imagine it's also lovely in the day but for the evening I can't recommend it highly enough.

west yorkshire
“Glad We Called In”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stopped for lunch after a morning of walking. We had just been caught in the rain and decided to stop for some lunch to warm us up. I had the hot and hearty soup with crusty bread and my husband had a sandwich. My soup was hot, tasty and homemade, just what I needed.

sunderland
“Brilliant meal”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our first visit to The Chalet and it certainly won't be our last. Everything about our visit was superb. There has clearly been a lot of money spent with high quality furniture and fittings in place which leads to a lovely calm and relaxing feel. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the food is fantastic. We had mussels to start, main courses of lamb and duck and a ginger cake pudding, washed down with a very nice bottle of red. Every course was great with everything cooked to perfection. We also called in a couple of times through the day while on walks for coffee and cake - again everything was really good. This really is a must visit destination for anyone who appreciates good food.