The Rising Sun Inn
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Horndean) Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$63
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$63
Travelodge
Langrish House(Petersfield)
$167
$139
Premier Inn Petersfield(Petersfield)(Great Value!)
$72
$73
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth(Emsworth)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
Premier Inn (Langstone/A27)(Havant)(Great Value!)
$75
Brookfield Hotel(Emsworth)(Great Value!)
$72
The Crown(Emsworth)
$62
Travelocity
All reviewsthe pubcurry nightroast potatoesthe sticky toffee puddingpiessunday lunchstaff were attentivebuffet stylemain courselandlordensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband was recently on business near here and I was visiting family. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the food was amazing, particularly the breakfast and our son was delighted that the dog could come too! So good, we've booked to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked to stay at the Rising Sun at short notice last Sunday evening and was really impressed by the welcome I received. The owners were friendly and the bar / restaurant area was relaxed and I felt very comfortable to sit in the bar even though I was there alone. I only needed a light snack and the mushroom soup was clearly home made and delicious. My room was spotless, the bed comfortable and everything worked... no gripes at all. Everything that I might need was there including a full range of lotions and potions - the sort of thing you might expect in a much more expensive hotel. Chris and Rosie (the owners) helped me with advice on where to visit in the area and some lovely walks and I really enjoyed my stay. I will definitely return to The Rising Sun when I next want a weekend away and recommend it for food and accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lorraine M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have visited The Rising Sun twice now and must say that the food, friendly welcome and brilliant service are a real treat. Home cooked food using fresh local produce. I am a vegetarian and their choice of dishes on the menu are outstanding. Desserts are beautiful, a must have to end an always excellent meal. They have a daily specials board too, which always includes fresh fish.
The service is so friendly and warm. The staff are attentive and well trained.
Compliments must go to all.
Can't wait to go back for another amazing culinary experience most excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lollypop1603
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We spent a few weeks travelling around England in April so we felt we had a pretty good idea what made for a comfortable stay and value for money.
The Red Lion is set in a beautiful little village and our room had a classical view overlooking a thatched cottage. It was lovely and spacious (including a sofa to lounge on) with complimentary sweets/chocolates and a great range of quality teas, coffee, hot chocolate and Horlicks. The beds were nice and comfortable, the ensuite was spotless and the pub food was great. As we did not have breakfast here we're not sure how that measured up but judging by everything else I don't think we would have been disappointed.
Our hosts made us feel very welcome and let us stay well past our check out time at no extra cost. We would definitely recommend this lovely spot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Medic1_12
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I visited for the first time on Sunday with 11 family members and was really impressed with the warm friendly service and great selection of fresh, home cooked food. Returned again tonight with a friend who was equally thrilled. A great find and only 2 minute drive from the A3M!

• Stayed: April 2013