“What a gem”
Review of Coal & Lace

Coal & Lace
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Calverton
Description: We are a small locally run coffee shop in the village of Calverton offering home baked cakes, jacket potatoes, fresh daily soups and sandwiches to order. Take advantage of our wifi and outlet points so that you can work or catch up with social media while enjoying of warm comfortable environment. We offer gluten free products and have a dedicated children's corner and chalk wall to keep them entertained during your visit. We offer clean toilet facilities and a separate dedicated baby changing and feeding room.
Reviewed May 2, 2018

The staff were very friendly & the quality of the coffee & scones were brilliant
It won't be the last time I visit here
Did I mention the scones

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

TERRIBLE! ! ! !
This was the fourth time I have had problems. That is why I am now leaving a review. The man serving and preparing the food, did not follow health and hygiene. He handled the cobs and cold meat, then served a customer, handling food etc, part way though making the cobs, took the money, rang it in the till, gave change and went back to handling the cobs he was making - all with out washing hands, use of tongs or wearing and changing gloves. I asked if the cobs were buttered, and was told no. So I asked for them to be buttered, he merely put a small dollop of Spread, not butter, on the middle top of the cob? He did not spread it on the top and put nothing on the bottom. It only had cold pork in, so this was not a problem to move the meat and add the spread. I was then told they ususlly put BEEF gravy on. I asked for no gravy as it would take the taste of pork or turkey away. I asked for stuffing. On leaving the shop i had a look at what id been given. I had a white cob with a dollop of spread on the top, smaller than a 10 pence, 3 very dry and small pieces of pork, which did not even cover the cob and a small golf ball of very dry stuffing. Not even spread or cut up. This is when I returned my food as it was not edible and not even made correctly..... and he had touched and handled money in between doin my food. I was not going to eat it. i had let this play out to see what happened. The man was rude and abusive to me. He went in the till and threw the £3 on the counter, did not pass it to me. So, should you complain, YOU GET INSULTED! !! BE WARNED . . . . . . He insulted me. As a foot note, the dinner I had previous, was over priced, just warm and they use tin veg from the local shop. . . . THIS IS MY ACCOUNT AND IS TRUE.

Date of visit: January 2018
5  Thank Lady Beverley C
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

Ever since I moved into the area I have visited this great friendly cafe, service is great and welcoming , never had anything but great food and srvicealways feel welcome, sometimes my daughter & great granddaughter come too they both love it too☕️

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 7, 2017

Great place to go for a much needed coffee first thing - a bit expensive for what you get but seems popular as a meeting point.
Will be trying the breakfast pretty soon!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Popped in for coffee and snack.
Unfortunately they don't have soya milk so won't be going again. Couldn't in this day and age believe that soya milk wasn't an option.

Date of visit: November 2017