“Please shut down”

Calverton Balti
Ranked #9 of 11 Restaurants in Calverton
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

I have never eaten such a bland meal, let alone a curry. A Balti is supposed to be a ‘medium’ but had the heat of a korma somehow. The onion bahji batter was raw in the middle (I’m saving the uneaten bit just Incase I end up stuck on the loo tomorrow) and the raita was so watery I can only assume it had been watered down to make it go further and save some pennies. The rice didn’t appear to be freshly cooked either. I would not eat here again even if someone paid me too. Absolute disgrace to the cuisine.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

For 12 years we had our curry from Neelams in lowdham , since they have been taken over we have tried loads of different curry houses but nothing compared until we have tried Calverton Balti .. service great , food great, quality great, really tasty , also price great .... best curry we’ve had for ages ..

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

I have had many meals from here delivered. The meal deals they do are brilliant. They are tasty, HOT, and very good value. I would recommend them. ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Avoid planet pizza!! go here instead! We love it.. they never let us down with delivering lovely food and great service. Best place for a good, quality takeaway in Calverton!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

What has happened???? I have eaten from here numerous times and it was amazing UNTIL TONIGHT. The poppadoms were soggy. The nann bread was burnt on one side uncooked on the other. The riata was a big pot of yoghurt with bits of cucumber sprinkled on the top. The rice was very over cooked. Sorry but it was horrible to say the least.

Date of visit: October 2017