Oscar's
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Calverton
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OSCAR'S LOUNGE & RESTAURANT Recently refurbished and nestled in the Nottingham village of Calverton, experience exceptional dining at value for money prices. Oscar's provides a relaxed and friendly ambience, making it the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. You can enjoy cocktails and snacks in our lounge with live entertainment on Friday evenings or have a meal within our unique dining area. Oscar's is the ideal destination for leisurely lunch, an intimate or group dinner and special celebrations. Our new contemporary function suite is also available for hire for up to 150 guests providing ideal space for weddings, private parties and corporate events. Only 15 minutes from Nottingham City Centre with close proximity to surrounding areas of Woodborough, Lowdham and Mapperley, Oscar's is well situated with convenient private parking. Our Chefs make fresh traditional and gastro food with a modern twist that is informal, fun and homely. Dishes range from Egg Benedict, Classic BLT, Steak and Ale Pie, Lobster to Classic Indian Thali. There are a range of offers in the Week and on Sundays, when we offer our succulent traditional Roast Dinners in addition to our full menu.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Being a bridesmaid for a wedding, myself and the bride decided to book our party of 17 people for the get together family and friends meal the night before her wedding at Oscars.

Having been a few times before and enjoyed it I was confident the meal would be nice and we weren't disappointed.

We were able to pre-order our food before we arrived in the evening from menus emailed to myself, which made more time for the party to chat and catch up creating a great atmosphere for our group. One critisim of this, which may have been more about the timing of menu changes at the beginning of the month with our booking date (5th of the month), was that I was rushed getting 17 people's choices together in a couple of days, suggest maybe having the selections ready for bigger parties a litte sooner.

My friend has certain food allergies, however this wasn't a problem at all for Oscars and the staff were helpful in checking with the chef about any Ingrediants that may have been in the food.

Overall a very good experience, the manager and his staff were friendly, polite,helpful and efficient, and kept on top of looking after my party aswel as other guests in the restaurant throughout the evening, and I am sure I will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

beautiful drive up to this restaurant with great surroundings... I would recommend the bar area for drinks before the meal and the food was to die for... would go back if in the area as it is a little far to were we live..

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lovely intimate dinner for two, attentive owner and staff. A nice place for a drink pre meal and a well stocked bar especially for cocktails and prosecco for that special occasion. A really excellent place to enjoy for any size of party, I celebrated my 40th birthday at Oscars 5 years ago and if anything it has got better with time.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have now eaten at Oscars a few times and to date I have not been disappointed. The staff always seem eager to please and are attentive to your needs. The food choice is extensive with a bar menu that runs along the a la carte menu. The food is well prepared and presented in a way that entices you in. Well priced all round and good for small or large groups.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a 2 course sunday lunch at Oscars. A little on the expensive side at £14.95 and you have to add £3 for lamb but the food is delicious and could not be faulted. The service by the staff was also very good. It is definately worth going for a treat as it is one of the best Sunday lunches I have had.