“Friendly staff, Unfriendly food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Just Tacos - CLOSED

Just Tacos
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Roanoke, Virginia
“Friendly staff, Unfriendly food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

While the service was good, the food and I had a fight — and the food won. At first both my wife's and my food tasted above average. Not the greatest, but not terrible. But as we continued to eat the food, two things became clear. First, the bland flavors of my dish became more apparent, whereas something in my wife's dish made her ill for a better part of a few hours.

I can only attest to the dishes my wife and I ate, but if you don't want to take the risk, don't go. There are better mexican restaurants on the island to eat in Kona & Waimea. Namely, in Waimea, Island Taco.

• Visited August 2013

Manassas, Virginia
“Great food. Need some waiter training.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Great fish tacos and really good margarita. Hubby got fish burrito. Guacamole was really tasty as well. Our waiter acted like he was forced into being here today. We had to ask for our chips and salsa. We asked for water. Never said a word to us other than, "can I get your order while I'm here". Tossed our food on the table at us. Tossed the bill at us.
Aside from this big hair guy we would eat here again , just not in his section.

• Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Not stuffy place in a stuffy mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Right in the middle of Tommy Bahamas, Sunglass Hut and Lahaina Galleries is a great little Mexican place with good drinks, good food and great service.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
“yummy shredded plastic chicken enchiladas!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

food is bland, showing zero creativity. I think it would be great if the prep cook would make sure that the cheese is completely un wrapped before putting it through the shredder. The little twerp waiter showed no concern when I made mention of plastic in my enchiladas. Lame salsa, Pacifico beer was cold and good, whoopee! One waitress did show concern and realized we are local residents. I slipped her a twenty because she was so sweet and she adjusted my bill because of the plastic in my food. Twerp waiter had simply walked away with a smirk on his face. No manager on duty apparently. The door to the kitchen area needs some WD-40 as it has the most annoying squeak which made it hard for us to enjoy our meal in peace. I see a lot of potential for this place, but I doubt we will ever return or recommend it to our friends and neighbors.

• Visited December 2013
“They make a good Margarita, but little else.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I can't believe this place can exist here. Yes, they have a LOT of different tequila on the shelf, but they need to have good food to eat as well. The food was bland, and the service was worse. Baja fish tacos, made with what tasted like High-liner fish sticks, shame on you. The place has the distinct look of a temporary location, and I think it will be gone in 6 months as the people who they depend upon realize what a terrible place this is.

• Visited December 2013