“Eat in or especially take out, service is BAD...”
Review of Just Tacos - CLOSED

Just Tacos
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The eat in service is avg., not good just avg.
The food is ok, something you could eat again. The take out service, the guy behind the counter was "don't care, don't bother me".

1  Thank PaulDaLine

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We ate here for lunch one day since we noticed that this was a new place from our previous visit. This is a great lunch spot located in the mauna Lani shopping plaza, and convienent if you are staying on the Kohala Coast. The chips and salsa were just ok, nothing special, our local mexican restaurant at home has better chips and salsa. My husband and I both had the fish tacos and they were pretty flavorful, I asked what the fish was and the said it was sole, it was lightly battered, fryed and a mild white fish, the tacos were pretty good, maybe need to dry the lettuce a bit because they were a bit watery that was my only complaint, and the rice was just that rice nothing all that tasty, but all and all the tacos were good and we would eat here again for lunch only.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I really hate writing bad reviews and if anything tend to be overgenerous with praise.
Firstly I have to say that the serving waitress was pleasant and efficient and the drinks were very good. Unfortunately that is it!
The food, and we both had tacos as they claim this is their speciality was the worst Mexican food we have ever had.
The combination tacos offer three choices of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp etc but be warned about what you are likely to get! All the meat/fish is deep fried and the beef/chicken is presented as small cubes within the tacos accompanied by lettuce, and various extras. The chicken did not taste like chicken, the beef did not taste like beef but at least you could identify the fish by its texture if nothing else. Coconut rice was supplied and this was at least acceptable. Unfortunately the dish just did not work especially in comparison to a really excellent fish tacos we had in Kona the day before.
The environment is pleasant and it is a great shame that the owners don't go and check out other Mexican restaurants and learn from them. My suggestion would be to grill rather than fry and to give decent portions of meat so that you can taste the meat and not the fat.
The drinks are very good and if they got the food right they would be onto a real winner!

1  Thank chesorp
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Was suprised to see a newer restaurant at The Mauna Lani shopping area. Definately worth the try. Forget about the naysayers, yes you can get more authentic from Ca. New Mexico, Tx etc. so what, wer'e on the Big island of Hawaii!! The servers and everyone was very attentive, I had fish tacos which was breaded, not local fish, was still very good. My friend had steak fajitas which was some of the best I've ever seen and tasted. The bar has a huge variety and reasonably priced. We will be back.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went here for dinner and the food wasn't that good. The chipotle wings were good and so were the cadillac margaritas but everything else was not. We took the leftover food back to the resort but it went into the trash.
We went back just for the cadilllac margaritas, which are $15 each. We had a different bartender, he may have been an owner, but his margaritas were much better than the previous night. My husband wanted to take a shot of tequila, and there is a wall full of different tequilas to try. He asked us what kind of shot we wanted so my husband said that he wanted something good. Well, I guess my husband should have been more specific and included a price range too. Of course the bartender should have told us that each shot was $20 before he poured it. It was a good shot but I would never pay $20 for 1 shot. I would not go back, even for drinks again.