“Best Massage Experience Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spa Without Walls

Spa Without Walls
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii's award-winning Spa Without Walls lets you enjoy the splendor of Hawaii's tropical climate with 8 private outdoor waterfall hale (huts), 6 more oceanfront and 3 indoors. With the soothing sounds of water, the pleasant ocean breezes and the floral scent that fills the air, treatments integrate Hawaii's natural therapeutic environment and ancient healing arts into every experience.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Massage Experience Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife received the oceanfront swedish massage and a spa pedicure. Upon checkin, she was guided to a boutique type area for female customers consisting of a large changing room with lockers, sauna, showers, vanities and refreshments. She was then walked to her oceanfront bungalow where the massage took place. The location was next to none and the therapist provided a very relaxing massage. You're allowed to sit in the oceanfront chairs or use the spa facilities as long as you'd like (for the day) after your service is complete. The pedicure was also enjoyable and well done, but a little highly priced. The massage was very reasonably priced with comparable facilities with similar accommodations. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank David L

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

unlike my cousin who has had many massages this was the first of many more to come for me.Prior to your massage you have the option to relax in the waiting room, out side in the patio or in the steam room (arrive a little early). They also had refreshments available...coffe, tea, lemon slices in iced water. My cousin and I purchased a couples massage in one of their ocean front cabanas. Your allowed to pick which oil you would liked to be massaged with. Now the staff is very friendly. Don't be afraid to tell them more pressure if need be. They will apply if you ask. The massage was AMAZING! Total relaxation when your laying down, eyes closed, smelling the fresh air, feeling the ocean breeze, hearing the waves crashing. Apparently there was landscape maintenance that was occurring during our massage and we received a small discount because of it. I work in retail, and for them to give a discount with out a complaint is Customer Service. We didn't even hear anything but they insisted. As far as their locker rooms. If you forget to bring something don't worry they have it! Thank you for a great experience.

1 Thank vmata14
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our couples massage by the waterfall. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. I would highly recommend this. The grounds of the Fairmont Orchid is spectacular.

Cleveland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Luxury in paradise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is high end luxury resort stuff combined with nature. You can't go wrong. Everyone is super friendly. Special thanks to Candy the manager and Donica (amazing massage therapist). My husband and I had ocean side massages; so great! The sound of the waves, the aromatherapy being massaged next to each other. This is how we decided to end our trip and now I want to end it this way every time we go back. You have access to all the facilities if you get a massage, so I recommend the steam and sauna before or after and sipping tea in the garden. There are so many fragrant flowers on the grounds while walking to your massage location. I recommend stopping to smell them. Sheer heaven!

Visited January 2013
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“I Want to Live Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

For the past two years, my girlfriend has treated myself and another girlfriend to a “girls' spa day. Last year we went to the Spa at Mauna Lani. This year, we tried the Orchid's Spa Without Walls. The prices between the two facilities are comparable. This is not an inexpensive treat. As a splurge, though, it was heavenly. We all opted for the “package” called Exclusively Yours and selected to have our treatments by the waterfall. We were assigned a locker, robes, and flip-flops. The locker/shower area was clean and nicely appointed. A co-ed waiting area was available indoors or you could choose to wait outdoors in their beautiful gardens. Self-serve teas, water, and fruit were available. We were each taken to our own outdoor hale....a private hut situated near or over the water feature. Some hales had a plexiglass window which allowed you to gaze into the water below while being massaged. The tilt-up windows were opened and the cool breeze and the sound of water made the outside world disappear. After our treatment we luxuriated in the garden area comparing notes. The therapists were fabulous and have been with the spa for years.

For those wondering which facility they should choose, this is my humble opinion.....
If you want an outdoor treatment, go with the Orchid's Spa Without Walls. The outdoor hales are nicely spaced for privacy. The outdoor hales at the Spa at Mauna Lani were lined up in a row in an area that just wasn't that special.

If you want an indoor treatment, go with the Spa at Mauna Lani. The indoor spa area at the Mauna Lani was nicely decorated and had a nice sitting area next to the dressing room. The outdoor showers were very nice. Your spa treatment at the Mauna Lani grants you access to their pool and jacuzzi area. The indoor shower and locker area were not as nice at the Spa Without Walls - two indoor showers and a steam room, but nothing super special....it could use a facelift.

Visited August 2012