“Superb”

Manta Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 88 Restaurants in Kohala Coast
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the mornings, the open-air bay view restaurant is home to a legendary breakfast buffet with made-to-order waffles and omelets, fresh tropical fruits and juices, healthy whole-grain cereals and tasty pastries. With the sunset, the ambiance changes as Mauna Kea Beach Hotel chefs prepare fresh culinary dinner delights in Manta's exhibition kitchen and the Bar & Lounge area come to life. The restaurant's award-winning wine list enhances the dining experience.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were staying in the Mauna Kea Resort Kumulani condominiums this year, but wanted to have at least one dinner at the Mauna Kea Manta restaurant. We were graciously received by the restaurant manager after making a last minute resevation and had a superlative meal from start to finish. The music was sublime and the entire experience was lovely. We even received complimenary desserts with extra aloha. Everything you expect from a top notch property.

MaunaKeaResort, Manager at Manta Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We're delighted you were able to enjoy a very special dinner with us at Manta. We hope your travels will bring you to Mauna Kea Resort again soon and that Manta Restaurant will once again enjoy your company. Mahalo.

There are newer reviews for Manta Restaurant

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I didn't write a review when we at here some months ago, even though it was fabulous, but this time I just had to take the time. Our dinner at Manta a couple of weeks ago was one of the best meals we have ever had. My husband said that the lamb chops were the best he had ever had in his life and I felt the same way about my pork chop. We had never had pork belly and tried the appetizer and it was also amazing. On another night we tried a couple of the desserts and they were equally yummy. We highly recommend this restaurant -- the quality of the food and the service were both outstanding. Can't wait to return!

2  Thank Napansontheroad

We appreciate your many positive comments - we have happily shared them with our hardworking team. Mahalo for taking the time and we look forward to your return! Aloha.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We went here twice over two weeks, plus the luau at this resort. We stayed at the "sister" resort, Hapuna Beach Prince.

The outside under the stars feeling and view is worth the price of the food. Our first visit had not great service, as in we only were able to order one cocktail. Our food was medium which is a bummer for the price. Our children, 13, 7 & 4 thought the Manta viewing area was awesome. I liked being able to see the stars, the lit torches...again, the outside ambiance was great.

Our second visit was better. The food was a bit better, but my sons steak had so much he couldn't eat, I question the chef. Service was better even though we were with a group. Most everyone seemed happy. Again, the outside view is where it is at.

1  Thank skoester

Aloha and mahalo for sharing your experience at Manta. We do pride ourselves in offering excellent food and service so we appreciate the opportunity to share your comments with our staff. We'll look forward to welcoming your return soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We went to Manta with my in-laws and our 2 young children (baby and 5 yr old). The experience was wonderful. They thoughtfully gave us a table far away from the more romantic couples, but we still had a fabulous view. The food was fantastic (however my pork chop was just ok, but everyone else RAVED about their dishes). I appreciated that they had a 3 course menu for my 5 yr old as well, making her feel like part of the meal. Overall, a great meal. We will be back for sure.

Aloha and thank you for your comments. We appreciate hearing about guest experiences and we do share comments with our staff in order to achieve continuous improvement. We're looking forward to welcoming you back soon! Mahalo.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family and I had the pleasure of dinner at Manta in late December. We outside on the patio. It was truly a beautiful place to enjoy sunset while dining.

We started with salads, beet salad for me, goat cheese beignets for my son, Caesar salad for my wife and my daughter. The salads were all excellent, my beet salad had a very subtle bar-b-q flavor that was very interesting.

My wife and I had the "day boat" scallops and opakapaka. The fish was presented in a clear broth and was quite tasty. Our children both had macadamia nut mahi-mahi. The fish was accompanied by a lilkoi curry sauce that satisfied both kids desire for unusual curry.

Service was friendly, professional and excellent. My wife and I are both gluten free. When bread was served a basket of 'regular' bread was placed on the table for our kids. A second basket of toasted gluten free bread was served to my wife and I. The small touch of toasting the gluten free bread turned accommodating a dietary restriction into a genuine act of hospitality. Thanks Manta!

Aloha and mahalo for your positive remarks regarding your dining experience. We happy that our staff helped ensure a lovely evening for you and your family. We hope you'll return soon. Aloha.