“Awesome”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 88 Restaurants in Kohala Coast
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Queen Kaahumanu Highway
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had the best steak I have ever had at this place. I usually argue Morton's is better but, not this time. Waiter was very very helpful and make the night a great one!

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a disappointment! We generally eat at this Ruth's Chris Steak House several times during our stay on the Big Island, and this time was so terrible we will reconsider where to spend our dime and time next time!

Our waiter was Douglas who was very poor at waiting tables. Sorry but if I am going to pay the price to eat at Ruth's Chris I would like to feel like I am appreciated. I can eat just about anywhere for much cheaper and go away feeling good about it, so why should I spend my hard earned money to be so disappointed by Douglas.

I usually do not write bad reviews, but in this case I felt like it was warranted. Hopefully, if we choose to return Douglas will not be our waiter. The only thing better would be if he would not have the opportunity to ruin an evening for others either.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had a great waiter who told us the story behind the chain's name, and was pleasant without being overly ingratiating.
Had several appies, split with the family and then we were too full for a main course - as one other reviewer mentioned, portions are large!

Haven't been to any other locations in this chain as I thought it was a bit too expensive before I tried this one, but will try them out now.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I ate here our last night on the Big Island. The steaks were almost perfect, the apps were a bit on the large side, we regretted ordering 2.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I like Ruth"s Chris for the ambiance. Sitting at the counter bar is fun for a drink and the side tables are perfect for appetizers. The dining room gives a full-on restaurant feeling and is surely a big win for special events.