“Awesome brand new B&B near Limoux and Carcassonne”
Review of Les Amandiers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cailhau
Les Amandiers
Ranked #1 of 1 Cailhau B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome brand new B&B near Limoux and Carcassonne”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed with Di and Fred in July 2011 for 2 nights. They were recommended to me by the owners of a B&B I stayed in at Limoux. I was so lucky to get the recommendation. The accommodation is excellent and wonderful value. Extremely new, modern, spotless and large by French standards. Di and Fred were great hosts, happy to have a chat and kindly offer me a glass of red and generally do everything they could to make my stay a good one. The place faces the Pyrenees and sits on a ridge so the views of the vines and the sunflowers with the mountains behind were beautiful. I can only imagine how good it will be when they put their pool in this winter. The little town they are in, Cailhau is cute but there isn't much there. However, they are an easy 15 minute drive to Limoux which has everything you would need. Cailhau is close to Carcassonne and it is actually easier to get to Cailhau than Limoux from Carcassonne. I nearly forgot to mention the wonderful breakfast. It was fresh, full of pastries, cereal, fruit, bread etc and Di was more than happy for me to take what ever I wanted to get me through my day's travels. If I am back in this area I will certainly hope they have a room for me again!

Room Tip: I satyed in the double room, it had a wonderful view of the Pyrenees
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at Les Amandiers. The property is in a beautiful location overlooking the Pyrenees mountains in the distance and the vineyards immediately below the property. We booked the slightly more expensive room and it is well worth it (the entire property is new, very nicely done, comfortable and with a very large terrace). There is plenty of closet space, the bathroom is spacious and well appointed, and the room has direct access to the terrace. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and abundant (including freshly baked breads and croissants). Don't miss a walk through the old town of Cailhau, and watching the falling stars at night (the sky is really magnificent). Fred & Di are very knowledgeable about the area and are very gracious hosts. We hope to go back for a longer stay in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Immaculate double bedrooms with en-suite, own sitting room ,WiFi access. We enjoyed breakfast on the terrace with fabulous views over the vineyards to the Pyrenees. Swimming pool planned for next year. Welcoming host and hostess provide a cracking breakfast. Really good.

Room Tip: One double has the best mountain views
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mike543

Been to Les Amandiers? Share your experiences!