“great service, a shame about the food”
Review of Zagara Restaurant

Zagara Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Hoddesdon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“great service, a shame about the food”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

we went to zagara in january as a small group. the service was great but the food totally let it down, it was just heated up and very bland, we will not be coming back

gioacchino p, Manager at Zagara Restaurant, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Lesley, we believe in quality of food, service and our 5 star hygiene. BRUSCHETTA is in did sliced toasted bread with chopped tomatoes and onions??? it is clearly written on the menu!!!Thanks for your comment.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Would not go back”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I saw the good reviews on trip advisor and decided to try it. I had been a few years earlier and was very disappointed but had heard that it had changed hands. The menu was varied and interesting and the staff were excellent but the food was average. I was really disappointed as it all sounded so nice. My Bruschetta was sliced bread with chopped tomato and some onion and the main course of veal was just ok. Maybe I was just unlucky, but then so were the other 3 people in my party who were equally uninspired with their choices. Will not go back thanks

1 Thank Lesley W
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Great food and affordable”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Have eaten here twice now with my husband. The menu has lots of choice and at a reasonable price.

I've had both pizza and pasta and both portions were a good size. I did manage dessert on one occasions, which was equally tasty.

The staff are attentive and friendly.

This will definitely be a regular place we visit.

• Visited September 2012
hertfordshire
“Nothing wrong, no complaints, but no reason to go back...”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I wanted to take a guest staying at Cheshunt out for a meal, given the dearth of decent eateries in the area I decided to give Zagara a go on a recommendation.

It was a bit empty but in fairness it was a wet weeknight.

Had some Calamari to start which was ok, and calfs liver to follow which was also ok.

There is nothing wrong with the food or service, but it is also not special or interesting enough to go back. Some of the reviews giving this 5 stars are, sorry but, well wide of the mark. It may be the best place in Hoddesdon, but it is just average in my experience.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank R P
Hertfordshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

A wonderful stylish yet warm restaurant in Hoddesdon. Fantastic food, generous portions, excellent service and all at a reasonable prine.

This will now become a regular haunt for me and my husband, and we intend to come back with family and friends. An absolute must-try; the only place to eat in the area.

• Visited September 2012