All reviewstasting menumichelin starscallopscopper bathroll top bathamuse boucheox cheekhomemade biscuitswalk in showerthe great british menukitchen gardenmolton brown toiletriesconverted stable blockbeef fatrestaurant with roomssheep's milkseparate building
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

We have been very very fortunate to have visited Black Swan on a couple of occasions, and we cannot rate this place high enough ! The food and drink is truly incredible, the service is friendly and understated, The room is small with a great atmosphere.

We stayed overnight and the rooms and very comfortable, the bathroom luxurious.

I would recommend this experience to anyone !!! It may seem expensive, but you will talk about and reminisce about it for a long time....and that makes it great value !!!

We’ll be back ...again

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PetenDi
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

We decided to visit the Black Swan as a treat for our 20th Anniversary & we lucky enough to book our room just before its restaurant was pronounced World’s Best. We stayed in the Cockerdale, one of 4 rooms attached to the pub, overlooking the gardens. From the moment we arrived we were treated well & every member of staff was friendly & welcoming. It was a lovely relaxed place & very quiet & peaceful. The room was beautifully decorated & was a perfect combination of modern decoration with old fashioned furniture. The bed was large & very comfy & the bathroom was lovely with a huge roll top bath plus walk in wet room shower. Breakfast was served in the restaurant & was cooked to order, superb as you would expect. All in all I would recommend this hotel, it’s well worth the money.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarthaFish
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Went to the Black Swan for my 60th. We stayed over. It's such an understanded excellence. It's just very good, without giving an appearance of trying.
The food, of course was excellent - tasting menus often disappoint, but not this one - we couldn't choose a favourite dish , because they were each as good as the one before. Great breakfast as well. If your looking for flash, this is not the place, but if you just want very good service, food Nd ambience, then look no further.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank cafindlay2011
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

This was a special occasion for us but we had no idea what an experience it would be.
We enjoy good food but this was something else.
This was not just food to fill the belly, the tasting menu took my brain and tastebuds to place once forgotton.
Something innate was triggered by the hedgrow concoctions infiltrated into cocktails before the meal, and continued throughout.
That was step one.
I had forgotton how to TASTE but the plates presented before me with descriptions of how each dish was conceived then created blew my mind.
How could so many intricate and complementing tastes be absorbed by the brain.
This experience, for its not just food, certainly took us to another place....for a special celebration....how can I match it again?
Perhaps an encore....if I can get a table.
This place is magic.
All I can say is congratulations and Thank You to a wonderful team who gave so much pleasure.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fussy011
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Came here after reading so many good reports and was not disappointed. Excellent in every way, staff, ambience, cocktails, food, wine and above all the farm to fork philosophy and passion of the place. Fantastic

Stayed: September 2017