“Average Accommodation”

Assured Waterside Apartments
Reading, United Kingdom
“Average Accommodation”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We booked 4 nights at the Waterside Apartments for our time in Perth and then read the reviews on Tripadvisor, the reviews had us worried!

There was no reason to worry though, yes the freeway is about 100 meters away but you really don't hear it unless you're trying (we had an apartment nearest the freeway). Apart from that the location is great, it's a 10 minute stroll to the zoo and 10 minutes from the ferry to the city.

The apartments are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the receptionists are helpful. There are worse places you could stay! - Believe me I've stayed in a few of them.

I think we'll stay in Fremantle next time we're here but there's no reason not to stay at the Waterside Apartments.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ross A, General Manager at Assured Waterside Apartments, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear James S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us here at Assured Waterside Apartments with your valuable feedback. It's through your valuable feedback that I hope to enhance our overall guest experience here at the property now and into the future.

I'd like to thank you again for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us and I'll be passing your review on to my team who I know will be excited by your wonderful comments as they endeavour to ensure each and every guest has a positive experience here at Assured Waterside Apartments.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you through our doors again should you be staying in South Perth again.

Kind Regards
Ross Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Brisbane
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night in January.

We were disappointed to be on the 3rd floor with no lift right at the very back of the appartment block, as I had a broken foot at the time. We could not be accommodated in any other room though. The outside of the apartment block is exactly that, an apartment block from the 80/90s. Not nice to look at.

Entering the access code was not clear as there were 2 panels. We didn't know which one to use or which gate it related to.

The room was fine except for the mop and broom etc in the laundry sink (very untidy). The tap constantly dripped in the kitchen all night and the kitchen window wouldn't close completely so it was quite noisy from other doors banging and people walking past the room.

The AC unit was not sufficient enough to cool the second bedroom and the fan had no extension cord and was quite useless plugged in behind the single bed.

The beds were comfortable though and we slept well and left as soon as possible the next day.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ross A, General Manager at Assured Waterside Apartments, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear scarlett2204,

Thank you for taking the time to provide my team and I with your valuable feedback. It's through your feedback that I will be able to enhance the hotel guests experience now and into the future.

I understand your disappointment with your room allocation and the inconvenience this must have been for you with a broken foot, I've investigated the issue thoroughly for you and I do know that my friendly staff exhausted all avenues to accommodate your needs yet were unable to as all ground floor and 2nd floor apartments were already occupied and I do apologise for this.

In regards to the security panels and different codes I do understand that this is confusing to our guests but it is in aid of ensuring our guest security and safety at the property is at the highest level possible as we take this issue very seriously at Assured Waterside Apartments to ensure a great guest experience. Although it might be veiwed as "over the top" security in most cases as South Perth is a affluent and safe area, it is in aid of providing a secure environment for any situation that may or may not occur regardless. In saying this I've address your concerns with the Front Office / Reception Department to ensure that further detail and explanation is provided to guests on arrival to ensure a thorough understanding of the security at the property is gained by our guests to eliminate future confusion.

I've addressed your concerns with our Maintenance Department in relation to the A/C system, window lock and dripping tap and these issues have been rectified and corrected. I do apologise for these issues and I've taken decisive action to ensure future occurences do not prevail. I assure you that this is not the level of service that we aspire towards here at Assured Waterside Apartments.

Finally scarlett2204 I'd like to thank you again for taking the time to provide my team and I with your valuable feedback and concerns and I assure you that we have learnt from your experience at the property and have exhausted every possible avenue to ensure future occurences do not prevail and that our future guest experience has been enhanced by this.

If you would like to discuss any issue personally or feel I haven't addressed your concerns at the property thoroughly enough please don't hesitate to contact me here at the property on 08 9474 4474.

I look forward to hoping welcoming you back through our doors again scarlett2204 in the future.

Kind Regards
Ross Anderson
Assured Waterside Apartments
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2011

very disappointed with this accommodation the oven was dirty,the taps in the bathroom wouldn't stop dripping and the window in the second bedroom would only open about two inch, YOU COULDN'T REALLY USE THE Fan in the second bedroom as there was no extension cord and when we tried to get through to reception they didn't answer so I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Perth hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at these apartments for three nights. We were in a two bedroom apartment (1 queen, 3 singles. 1 bathroom). The apartments are located in South Perth which is a ferry ride over to the Perth CBD. I wouldn't recommend a family if our size (5 people) staying here as the apartment is quite small and really needs that extra bathroom. Checkin and checkout was friendly and hassle free. I am giving it a "thumbs down" due to the size of the apartment and the buildings general need for a makeover.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Aussie_Brady_Bunch
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Found 2 br apartment clean spacious and well equiped but not over the top . Reception excellent and helpfull. Seemed to be all freshly painted.
Complaints about freeway noise a bit over the top after all it is the city and the building shares riverfront with multistory apartments that are probably over the million dollar mark.
Parking seemed quite secure and in an area that looked quiet form a security point of view

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Victoria
Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed here after getting off the plane from Port Hedland, for one nights stay before leaving the next morning for South Africa. We work long hours up North and wanted nothing more than to sit in front of the tv and watch a movie and relax.
So the tv reception was atrocious with snow and muffled noise all that could be heard. We planned to watch one of the movies off the free pay tv channels that were included with the price of the room and again, all we could access was snow.
I called the 24hr line to be told they couldn't get anyone in to fix it until the morning (no one came to help, no offer of another room either, just the promise of a discount first thing in the morning as that was when we were departing).
The next day I returned the keys and was informed that due to booking and paying through wotif.com they couldn't reimburse me anything.
I must say wotif.com were great when I contacted them, they contacted the apartments and arranged for $40 to be credited to my credit card. Very helpful- unlike the actual establishment itself.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KTScarlett
Auckland
Reviewed July 10, 2009

The photos looked idyllic but what they omitted to show was the Kwinana Freeway - traffic 24/7! No sound-proofing, didn't sleep a wink. The rooms were tidy enough but very dated - burn holes in the bench, sofa well-used and bed uncomfortable. Booked in for two nights, stayed only one, was worth the price of a night to leave. And as with the other negative reviews, the secure parking wasn't secure as the exit was always open. Lesson: always check the location on a map before booking if unable to personally check the rooms out first - we booked on the internet.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Perth
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Metro Hotel Perth
#1 of 3 in South Perth

Been to Assured Waterside Apartments? Share your experiences!