“Very improved”
Review of Metro Hotel Perth

Metro Hotel Perth
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in South Perth
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I last stayed at this hotel 4/5 years ago. Since then the rooms have been refurbished and the lifts improved-its now a very good hotel -with a few reservations!! During my visit the pool was "out of bounds" -disappointing as Perth can get very hot. The Metro Hotel on Canning s pretty isolated from restaurants etc -there is a Thai restaurant about 5 minutes walk away , plus KFC , Hungrry Jack's , Mc Donalds etc are only 10 minutes walk away . The hotel has a restaurant/bar -both very expensive by East Coast Australia standards eg a porterhouse steak is about $40 which is 5 star restaurant standard -and the Metro restaurant isn't 5 star! Bar drinks are also 20% more expensive than Melbourne standards. Perhaps that's just Perth!!

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony overlooking the Swan River on the north side
1  Thank jangeoff
There are newer reviews for Metro Hotel Perth

A quickbeds.com traveller
Melbourne
Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
2  Thank A quickbeds.com traveller
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ok, let's be honest...The Metro Hotel's outside facade is dated. It doesn't look like much. But PLEASE don't let that put you off staying here.

My partner and I have stayed at the Metro several times over the past few years and the refurbishment inside the rooms is excellent.

We have stayed in the Spa Apartment, which is just lovely, as well as Executive Riverview rooms...just as lovely, just smaller. The views from this hotel, coupled with the decent sized balconies, are exceptional.

The decor is modern and the beds are very comfortable. It's a 3 1/2 star hotel...but the rooms are far above this rating in my opinion.

We have always received great service from the staff, the room rates are reasonable, given its location and it's close to everything.

So the foyer isn't the most modern, who cares...we weren't staying in the foyer. Give this great hotel a chance and book in to one of the top floor rooms...I doubt you'll be disappointed. :-)

Helen & Marron

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank MUSO70
CIrvin, General Manager at Metro Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your response. We are in the process of finalizing plans for a new hotel lobby, restaurant and bar to bring these facilities in line with the accommodation. Also planned in the pipeline is re vamp of the “tired” exterior. Lovely to have you stay with us.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel was in my opinion, overpriced and virtually in the middle of nowhere. Muzz Buzz has reasonable coffee ... about 75 metres from the hotel ... but nothing else.... apart from a muffin ...and unless you like very milky coffee from McDonalds about 350 m towards the city. The room was big and well proportioned. One positive is its on the route of the 106 bus ( to get you to Fremantle!!).
Seriously, the staff were pretty bored and unhelpful feeling ... they take your money AS you arrive! All in all a poor place which is overpriced for what you get. No fitness centre, spa or anything!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TambonzRobertson
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just returned from 4 nights at this hotel. Well as I arrived I was concerned as from the outside this place looks untidy, rundown & very uncomfortable. But as this trip was funded by work I could not really complain. On entering the room however I was pleasantly surprised as the room was comfortable, the bed large enough o fit 3 of me & all that one needs for a few nights stay. The view would have been spectacular if I was on a floor higher than level one so my view was of the car-park. The bathroom was clean & the towels replenished every day with more than I needed. The soap & shampoo was inadequate so take your own. The room was cleaned each day but dirty glasses and tea cups remained in the room from the previous day on one occasion. The pool was closed for the whole week which was disappointing as I like to run then dip my legs in after my run & I had hoped to have a swim as the weather was 36 the day we arrived. The location was the best part about this hotel as it is 1km away from Swan River so I could make my way to the River and do a 12km loop with stunning views & a river breeze. Not a place to stay for a holiday but ok for a conference. Breakfast was overpriced at $25 for full breakfast which was average and needed to be replenished or request. On our departure the hallway outside our room was blocked by a ladder as the ceiling had a gaping hole. Rooms average exterior needs overhaul.

Room Tip: Stay on levels above 4 or 5 to get a view of the City of Perth.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel was recommended from the conference comittee as one close to a conference I attended. I stayed for 5 days. On the second day, my room was not made up, and it was only cleaned because I rang to ask why. There was a wide desk/bench in the room, but only 1 of the 2 power points worked. The swimming pool was out of order upon arrival, despite a hot day! The hotel was allegedly non-smoking, but I had cigarette smoke in my room, coming through the bathroom vent. Being an asthmatic, it set me off. Soap, shampoo and conditioner was through a dispenser, like what you would find in public toilets...no small bottles, or paper wrapped soap, and shower caps were provided on an ad-hoc basis. Breakfast was overpriced at $25- there wasn't even fresh fruit! No other places for dinner near by, unless you have access to a car or prepared to walk a distance or take public transport or a taxi....ahhhh did I also mention they charge a credit card surcharge? And Internet access is around $28 a day?

Room Tip: Find somewhere else....But if you really want to stay, choose the rooms that do not face the highway...
1  Thank EverydayMum
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Our one bedroom with kitchen required a bug spray upon arrival to get rid of the cockroaches. While roomy the traffic noise starts early and goes until late. I would not come again for the price. The hotel info book needs an update to indicate there is a laundry. Not great if you do not low enclosed spaces. Even the hallways have dim lighting.

• Stayed: October 2012
Fraser Suites Perth
#12 of 66 in Perth
Sullivans Hotel
#31 of 66 in Perth

Been to Metro Hotel Perth? Share your experiences!