“Beautiful place to stay”

The Rose & Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Rose and crown is one of the most beautiful places to stay around perth, staff are all excellent and the food was great, quiet and peaceful for a short business stay.
close the the train station so the city is only minutes away,
Try the salmon its to die for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here last week on business and would not stay again.

The good news was that the staff are friendly and the location is good.

The bad news was that the charge was high for a room with no FOXTEL and the prices at the pub are a little on the 'wankish' side.

Having said that, there was a Pizza joint just down the road wanting to charge $30 for a Pizza!

The main thing was that I stayed in room 20 which has a paper thin wall which meant I was disturbed by the people next door coming in late and then waking early. Thankfully they did not get busy as I would have had a running commentary!!!

Secondary was that I was given 2 breakfast vouchers (included in the room price - but no option to deduct for non use) even though I was leaving on the 'red eye' and not able to use 1 and did not get around to using the other for the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David W
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Rose and Crown Hotel, in Guildford, went there for lunch on a sunday. Setting is wonderful, quite, leafy, clean, nice outdoor area. Complementary water, brought out constantly without having to ask, good customer service. Order Caesar salad, $22.00 nice, but certainly nothing special. Also order black and white liqune, with broome bugs, still looking for the bug we think it might of escaped of the plate, was also served with 2 prawns, while the dish was pleasant, it was a small serve and my husband was left still hungry. The chicken parme was very nice and a much better serve and well worth the money. While the service was good, and food all came out together, I would say it was overpriced for what we received. Would I return, yes, but not in a hurry.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went for lunch with my three cousins, service was adequate, the food was pretensious for pub food, the wine was nice. The puddings were good three out of four, but the bill was horrendous. Fish and chips for four, puds and a bottle of wine is not good value at £156. Yes I am English, I know about good pub food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sue T
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently went to a function for my fathers 70th birthday at the Rose and Crown. It has a lovely atmosphere and would make a great location for a sunday session of drinking however the menu in the function facility needs improvement.
We had a choice of Steak, salmon and chicken salad.
The steak you only had the choice of having it medium. Not great for those who prefer their meat either well done or rare.
The salmon was a decent sized portion and probably the best of the three.
The chicken salad used what looked like processed chicken and had far too much basil leaves making the salad overpowered with basil.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ozlink
Reviewed February 10, 2013

For a place of outstanding ambiance the food and service is terribly disappointing, we again persisted in supporting a "local" establishment and even our guests were appalled at the food and the service for what we were charged.
Anywhere is better than what you get here!

Room Tip: We dined and it was crap
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyasaPig
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place actually had me looking around for tv crew and hidden cameras.

It all started when I asked for a simple toast and bacon and a can/glass of coke. The waitress looked blankly and repeated "2 pieces of toast and some bacon?" Like she had no idea what it was. My girlfriend asked for an english breakfast tea and pancakes. I must admit that it didnt take long for the food to arrive.

First came the english breakfast tea; a little bitter and only one sashet of sugar with no obvious clue as to where to get more. I had to go find more sugar. My girlfriend's pankakes came out and seemed ok to start with until halfway through the first pancake she found them to be half cooked. She said it was like eating batter.

No for the real dramas! My plate arrived with 99% of the bacon rarer than rare and one small bacon eye with the rest of the bacon being fatty offcuts. Only one piece of unbutterd toast came instead of the two I asked for. It would have been ok if there was a little tub of butter to butter it with.

At this point I still hadn't received my coke. I reminded the waitress that I was still waiting for a coke and she hurried off to get it. A different waiter arived and presented "One diet pepsi". I said no and that I had asked for coke. He informed me with apology that they don't serve coke. I wouldn't have minded pepsi but letting me know would have been nice. I asked for a normal pepsi instead of the diet that I hadn't asked for. It took several times of repeating myself for it to register that I hadn't asked for diet. When it came out it was flat. As if things couldn't get worse.

This was a good chance for the Rose and Crown to get new regular customers because my girlfreind and I like to stick to somewhere good when we find it. We usually go to the cafe at Woodbridge House but that was closed due to a public function so we thought we would try the Rose and Crown instead because of its history and its look. As soon as we got there I should have realised that there must have been a reason for next to no-one being there. Cost us $35 to find out NOT to come back. It's such a shame because this place has the best potential. But the service and quality of the food left us with a bad taste in our mouths and we won't be coming back. Way to many mistakes all happened in less than 30 minutes. As we paid I was waiting for her to ask how the meal was. Obviously she knew not to. It will be back to Woodbridge for us from now on! Even a Bunnings sausage sizzzle would have been more enjoyable than this!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marc R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guildford
Best Western Plus Ascot Serviced Apartments
#1 of 2 in Henley Brook
Guildford River Retreat
Guildford River Retreat
#2 of 4 in Guildford

Been to The Rose & Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!