“Love it.”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We've lived in South Guildford for 4 years now and somehow we've never come across Little Guildford until last week.
We just went for lunch, I had the steak sandwich and my wife had the salmon patty with poached eggs and hollandaise dressing. The food and coffee was good and we just really enjoyed the atmosphere and the great service.
We're looking forward to coming here for dinner and breakfast in the near future, being a 10 minute walk from home, I dare say it'll be our new first choice for a coffee.

There are newer reviews for Little Guildford

Reviewed April 25, 2014

have been there a couple of times, hard to get in, must mean it is very good which it is. We enjoy breakfast in the area and a new venue is always welcome.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

A group of 10 of us went for dinner Saturday. Very impressed with the variety on the menu
A couple of us had the Fillet Mignon and it was cooked perfectly. Mine Medium-Rare and my friend Medium - perfect
Others at the table had the Salmon or the Barramundi and once again 'job well done'
Would definitely go back
It's BYO as well which is always a plus in my book.
Even inspired me to cook Fillet Mignon for the family this week - just to see if I could. (I can)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We discovered Little Guildford yesterday and decided to stop for brunch.
Food was fabulous and quite wide variety to choose from. Hubby had Eggs Benendict and I had a fabulous bacon and egg sourdough roll.
Service was friendly, efficient and its a lovely location to stop for a coffee or bite to eat to watch the world go by....
Will be going back maybe to try dinner!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had I written this review when Little Guildford originally opened, I would have given them 5 stars. Their food was always tasty, exciting and well presented in a casual funky environment with good service.

Fast forward to end of 2013 and it's like a completely different place... I gave them the benefit of the doubt several times for breakfast and each time found my poached eggs to be hard boiled, reduced portion size, with poor presentation and staff who are running around like crazy unable to offer personalised service you expect for these prices (and there are quite a few staff, so it's a customer flow management issues as opposed to staffing levels).

Unfortunately, the only way I would go back would be if they changed chefs and offered me two free breakfasts. Until that happens I will wait until this place shuts down and something else opens.

As a side note: Lilac restaurant used to be open in the same spot and their food was ALWAYS delicious with excellent presentation, fresh ingredients, decent portions and the best staff you ever met. Please come back Lilac - we all miss you!