“Great Sunday brunch!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We really enjoyed brunch on the pleasant outside terrace. Welcomed warmly with friendly smiles and attentive service throughout - especially important since we had two active toddlers with us. (High chair, crayons & paper immediately offered.) Coffees came quickly before we placed our food order. As well as usual breakfast fare there were other appealing dishes on the menu: I had "avocado smash" with feta & cherry tomatoes on sourdough, while my wife ordered pesto mushrooms with truffle. Well presented and enjoyed. Yes, we'd certainly return!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Have been to Little Guildford three times in the last six weeks with various groups of friends and have been very happy every time. Start off with a pre-dinner drink at the Rose and Crown Hotel just across the road for a great start, and there is even an excellent bottle shop just down the road with a very good wine cellar.
Great service from friendly staff, meals were excellent and came with a great range of beautifully cooked and presented vegetables. The fillet was one of the best I have had!. Deserts and coffee were brilliant. Being able to take your own wine is the biggest bonus, especially to a restaurant that has decent wine glasses. It was nice to have a waitress who knew how to open an older bottle of wine.
We will be returning!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

After all the rave reviews and having passed by and read the menu, we were pumped. I rang and made a reservation about an hour earlier, and on arrival, no record of our booking- bad start. We were eventually seated down the back by the pass and excitedly watched as the meals went out. The menu read well and it was a difficult decision, I finally settled on the gnocchi with roasted pumpkin, rocket and parmesan. Hubby had a lamb shank which he was happy with. My gnocchi however, looked nothing like the description....it was anaemic store bought packet gnocchi, slathered with pureed pumpkin- no roasted pumpkin in sight, rocket leaves covered in the pasty puree and some parmesan. It was a massive serving and thought I better at least give it a try, it was awful and there was no way I could eat any more. I normally would not complain, but the waitress did ask. She was extremely apologetic and offered an exchange, so I ordered the filet steak- medium rare. By this stage hubby had finished his meal and I was ravenous. Another huge portion eventually arrived- medium to well done, the mash potato was not fresh and I was a little perplexed by the amount of vegetables on board- broccoli and broccolini, carrots and a slab of sweet potato. Less is more. The wait staff did an exceptional job, and the manager offered a free dessert. Maybe it was an off night, but I would not go back.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate here on Thursday night, the choice is not big, but the food and-presentation, and taste are excellent ,lovely atmosphere , good, happy efficient service, and prices are fair.byo just $3.50 corkage .
An absolute gem, we will be back.

2  Thank chefcruiser
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We came here for a family breakfast on September 30th to celebrate my 40th birthday. It was lovely because it was first of all open on a public holiday when so many other places were closed. Beautiful and pretty little cafe. Breakfast was delicious. The meals were absolutely huge and tasted divine. Great friendly service, and they even gave me a complimentary piece of yummy cake to take home:)