“Great venue”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had my daughter's 21st here and I can not say enough about the service and value that we received. We purchased a 'per head' drinks package and platters of food. The drinks were flowing and they were not stingy at all like some places can be - in fact when I first viewed the prices and what you got I was amazed by the good value. The functions manager was very efficient and friendly and kept things moving nicely. We were able to have the music we wanted, decorate and basically had full exclusive use of the area.
The Stirling Arms has come a million miles from the dodgy place it used to be years ago and is definitely worth a look for functions or lunch/dinner (which we have also enjoyed on many occasions).

2  Thank its_hot_in_WA
There are newer reviews for Stirling Arms Hotel

Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of the best steaks if seen or tasted and all for $15. Great outdoor and indoor settings and worth a visit.

1  Thank PowerhouseSimon9
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This venue had a bad rep a few years ago with cheap drink,a bad owner and anti social clientele.this place has turned around!Despite the unwelcoming fortress look and the garish bottle shop stuck to the front spoiling the colonial look its a good bar, with excellent food.A wider range of boutique tap beers would help.

1  Thank Gav B
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I grew up in Guildford and have seen this hotel undergo an amazing transformation (from a backwater pub filled with locals who barely knew what clothing was, through to reflective jackets city, through to something a little bit more refined now - great to see!).

I've actually been to this place three twice - twice to the "pub" section for food etc, which I thought was well price and the food very tasty (although a little bit light on for selection BUT I think they rotate the menus too).

However, my family and I decided to visit their newly refurbished restaurant section the other week and although it was mostly empty, the 4 of us had a great time and before you know it, racked up a $350+ dollar bill.

The drinks, service and food were all REALLY good... time flew by and we enjoyed ourselves. The only downside was the final cost... menu items in the restaurant ARE a bit expensive (which you may understand if this was a 5 star inner city hotel) but not for Guildford.

We had some entertainment book vouchers (buy one get one free) so the bill came down to $264.00 but considering that only two of us in the group had main meals (the other two shared a few snacks) I thought this was rather excessive pricing wise (especially SOME of the drinks, not all).

All in all, I would go back (with some more two for one e-book vouchers) but just a keep on the running tab

1  Thank KimbaKake
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were there for Wednesday night steak night which was great value and seemed very popular due to the amount of steaks coming out from their kitchen! $15 for a good size and quality steak with salad and chips both were cooked perfect.. Better still was that in this day and age tomato sause and mustard was free..!! Drinks were still a bit on the high side at $10 for a pint of guiness and $8 for a wine. Service was very good! The renovation appeared to have been done on the cheap compared to equivelent premises therefore should not reflect the inner city prices for.. However I would very much recommend it for the daily specials, rather than a big night out!

2  Thank Scuba2013