“Nothing Special”

The Loungeroom on James
Ranked #21 of 26 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: Argentinean, Australian
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This place has REAL potential, but as it stands it just doesn't do it for me. I found their breakfast selection wasn't that great and with almost not service, it just doesn't have that atmosphere. However, their coffees are quite good. From memory, pricing may have been a little on the higher side, but still worth a visit if you are around Guildford one Sunday morning...

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I came twice for coffee during my stay in Guildford.

The coffee and hot chocolate we had were very good and reasonably priced (by WA standards).

Free papers and magazines are available on tables to read while you visit, which is very civilised.

We didn't try the food but it was a good cafe for coffee.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I went to The Lounge Room for breakfast with some volunteers from my workplace - one of whom had two grandchildren in tow.

The cafe has a funky design, including some interesting paintings and furnishings. There was a nice lounge area out the back that I'd like to sit in some time.

The lack of table service is puzzling, as is the lack of printed menus. In a shop this size, getting up as a group to see the menu (concealed behind a pillar, so you can only see it at the register) is bothersome and impractical.

I had bacon and scrambled eggs - my colleagues had the fruit salad and pancakes. We all ordered coffees. The children shared a serve of pancakes - on request, the kitchen made four pancakes instead of three to make sharing easier.

I take eggs pretty seriously - they're not expensive to buy and they're a common household breakfast dish. In a cafe, I am looking for them to be the right consistency and temperature. These eggs were good, but not great. There was some disappointing rubberiness around the edges. The bacon was a little fatty for my liking. The bread was lightly toasted and served the dish well.

The coffees were artfully made with the conventional leaves and swirls on the foam. I had a double-shot latte which was the right temperature and taste.

The service of food to the table was fairly perfunctory, as you would expect from a venue in which one orders from the register and a chalkboard.

I would not be averse to returning to The Lounge Room - it's convivial and the coffee is good. But a serious rethink of table service and menus would help make me far more regular there.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

I went with my wife and son on Australia day ,
The service 0 there was none.
The food 2 ok but not much.
They did not even want us there didn't speak till spoken to and the only just.
They did have the charging part down pat though.

The best part is i will not have to go again thank god

2  Thank concorde7