“new owners”

Book In Advance
More Info
$226.29*
and up
Kangaroo Island Wildlife Day Trip from Adelaide...
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Seddon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park is a fun day out for all ages! Hand feed kangaroos, touch and hold koalas, see Penguins play, slither in and see our reptiles and get up close with many of our beautiful Australia native animals. Take a stroll at your own pace, join our guided tour or come along to our interactive animal displays. Stay for morning tea or lunch and enjoy our lovely cafe and coffee. The park has new owners since late 2013, so if you have visited before then be sure to come back and see all our changes.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 30, 2014

met the owners they are lovely people, they have updated the kiosk and doing improvements all the time the range of animals are great must go check out the albino Kangaroo

1  Thank Heather W
in 40 reviews
"wildlife"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had an amazing day at KI Wildlife Park! Sam and Dana were wonderful in teaching us about the wildlife and the experience to see feedings and take part in Koala handling with the staff was absolutely remarkable. Our kids not only got to see amazing wildlife, They were able to learn about many unique animals and talk to handlers and to Sam and Dana themselves.The stop there was the highlight of our time on Kangaroo Island!

3  Thank Burken20
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've never been one who would choose to visit a wildlife park, however being a Guide for a Lodge on KI I had to take some American Guests who were keen to cuddle a Koala. The experience changed my perception forever. The park has a great range of animals and the staff happily take the time to answer questions and really let you interact with the animals. I was so impressed that when my daughter visited recently it was on my must do list with her. The entry fee won't break the bank & the extra $10 to cuddle a Koala was money well spent. I would definitely recommend a visit...even if you are an Aussie!!

1  Thank Jenny C
See more reviews
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was hesitant to visit this place after reading the negative reviews. We planned to visit Paul's place but he was closed while we were visiting kangaroo island, so it was this or miss out on close interaction with native Australian animals. I'll be the first to acknowledge that holding a koala or feeding a kangaroo or wallaby is not a "natural" wildlife experience. But when you're a tourist, this is often one of the best or only ways to get close to animals. In that respect, holding the koala and feeding the kangaroos were wonderful experiences from a visitor's point of view. I hand fed a white rhino and a giraffe on a tour at San Diego wild animal park, so I can't imagine that feeding or interacting with animals by itself is that destructive otherwise no zoos would do it, but clearly I'm not an expert on the subject.

We were informed by the personnel supervising our interaction experience with the koalas (yes, we were watched the whole time to ensure a safe experience for us and the koala) that they are trying to build new enclosures for the animals. She also said that most of the animals were rescued and unable to return to the wild. A sign said fees paid to hold the koala would go to a new enclosure for them. I don't know if it's true but none of the animals seemed actively distressed or poorly cared for from what we could tell as visitors. The kangaroos and wallabies that wanted nothing to do with us simply hopped away and there was plenty of space for them to get some distance. Most of the others hopped right up over to us for a bite to eat. there were no foul smells that I noticed. The koala was so comfortable he started drifting off to sleep while my husband held him. I certainly agree bigger and newer enclosures are in order for many of the animals. Better signage would be nice as well.

As there has been a change of owners in the last year I hope the new owners will make any necessary changes for the well being of the animals. I would also like to note that they now gladly accept credit cards at the front entry for tickets and kangaroo food purchase. I did not see a cranky old lady anywhere during our visit.

So, in my non-expert opinion, this place could use some upgrades but it's a nice place to visit and would be great for kids. Holding the koala and feeding the kangaroos will be treasured memories. I can't comment on comparison to Paul's place as we were unable to visit it.

1  Thank LoveTheSunshine82