Open today: 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM

sarahmcraye
Kent, United Kingdom
via mobile

1,788 results
All reviews safari truck the reserve base camp safari experience livingstone lodge bear lodge golf buggy water buffalo mansion house aspinall foundation watering hole endangered animals gorilla enclosure an overnight stay conservation work animal park packed lunch
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Been here a few times now and it never disappoints. Some of the animal enclosures are huge which is always good to see and I love how much conservation work these guys do with the Aspinal foundation. Only real down side is that half of the park can only be viewed by the safari busses which are hard to take photos from. They also offer some amazing short breaks is a range of lodges but can be very expensive.

1  Thank davidrR1019AS
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Just a fantastic day out. We all loved the safari ride and seeing the animals in so much space was just brilliant. The wait was quite long as it was half term,it looked as though extra trucks had been put on and unfortunately half term does mean everywhere is busier. That said having a playground right next to the queue and some of the animals meant the children were well entertained making the queue a lot less stressful for us!
Our other favourite parts were the monkeys and gorillas who were just mesmerizing. The boys also enjoyed the dinosaur forest, whilst not real the amount and scale of the models were great for Dino mad kids.
We were really impressed by the playzones and the amount of places to picnic. I can't comment on the food as we brought our own.
I think the entry price is very fair for what you get and they were running child free entry on the day we went making it better value.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Having wanted to visit here for many years we finally got around to it. We were not disappointed at all. The staff were welcoming. The safari trip is amazing. Great views and excellent for seeing the animals in almost wild surroundings. The other exhibits accessible on foot are huge. I would possible say this park as a day visitor is not ideally suited to older persons. Loads of walking and very hilly. Food was ok and slightly higher priced than normally but standard for an attraction. Dinosaur walk was fun.. haven't seen one of these for years. Highly recommend a visit to Port Lympne.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Went on a family day out during the school holidays so the reserve was quite busy. We headed straight for the lorry ride, which takes about an hour & lets you see lots of animals in their massive enclosures. We then walked around the rest of the park. The younger ones really enjoyed the dinosaurs. We decided to do the lorry ride again late afternoon, but having queued up for 10 mins, we just missed one & were told they were now going to go every 30 mins, even though there was still quite a queue. Not happy, so we didn’t bother. All in all we had a great day, but a bit miffed about the lorry. Reasonably priced & good value for a pretty full day out. I would definitely recommend a visit here if you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Visited here 4th November 2018... The safari is a wonderful idea however I would advise parents to let there children sit to the left of the truck as everything was on the left hand side. My 2 year old saw nothing as they have to wear seat belts and nothing was on the right hand side.
I approached a keeper to ask if I could possibly walk to see the wolves as my 2 year old daughter is obsessed with them and she was very upset she didn’t see them( due to them being at the beginning of the safari ride and on the left) and the keeper was the nicest person ever! I cannot thank him enough. He radioed through to a keeper who works with the wolves and they said they would walk us so my daughter could see them... we did travel from London to see them... the keeper for the wolves was the loveliest guy, he made them play and jump around to entertain my daughter and he also educated us on them too. The 2 keepers went above and beyond to ensure I went home with a very happy daughter! She was over the moon!.... oh the safari truck runs every half an hour and lasts about an hour it drops at the gorillas and tigers... also very helpful that they have buggy’s for you to lend as buggy’s are not permitted on the trucks... buggy park for your own buggy is at the base camp where you pick the truck up from... lots of restaurants around and little ice cream places and shacks... hmm.. prices are debateable however it’s for a good cause... lots of toilets all over the place... the giraffes are fantastic... I would say you need a whole entire day there to see everything as some of the animals we didn’t get to see due to arriving late afternoon... enjoy your day

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I took my two boys 10 and 5 here during half term. It wasn’t overly busy. We arrived there is plenty of free parking. You have to walk over a slope bridge to get to the park. There was a cafe and a small play area. You do half of the park in safari trucks which the kids enjoyed! As close to going on a real safari as possible. The trucks run every 20 mins it gets bumpy so make sure you strap yourself in. The safari truck drives through different areas you get to see the animals close up. The giraffes are friendly and come very close to the trucks. The second part you do on foot, it is very hilly. The main house is beautiful and the gardens are gorgeous to walk around. There is another cafe and play area along with a nice Italian restaurant. While we were there they had a dinosaur forest display not sure if it is always there but my boys loved it. The animals have lots of space and are very well looked after! They have a great breading program and have managed to release a lot of animals back to the wild or to other breeding zoos. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on a week day just after half term. Being October the weather was quite cool, but it didn’t spoil a great day out. It also meant that the park was quite quiet for our visit.

We started off with a Safari ride which takes about an hour. This is a great concept and makes Port Lympne stand out from other similar venues. I would definitely recommend people sit on the left side of the vehicle as you will see far more. Also, the poor quality of the speakers on our truck made the commentary inaudible. I do think this is something that Port Lympne should consider as I think out of fairness the views from both sides should be more balanced and commentary should be clear. That said it was lovely to see the animals roaming freely in a sizeable paddock.

We stopped for lunch at the Basecamp cafe, enjoying pulled pork on chips. This exceeded expectations, though we did feel the choice of food on offer was much more limited than we have enjoyed at other venues.

We had intended to dine at the pizza restaurant, but could not get there at a reasonable time for lunch. It’s situated right down in the bottom corner of the park, which didn’t strike us as a great idea. Finding your way around the park can be tricky too - even with a map. The signs aren’t great and you can easily get lost.

Whilst there weren’t many talks on offer, possibly as we were out of season, we did get to listen to a fascinating talk about the lions from a very knowledgable keeper.

One of the highlights of our afternoon was the Dinosaur trail. Quite amusing that you go to an animal reserve to enjoy the fibre glass variety compared to the living ones. However it is very well done and exceeded our expectations. Our little girl was so thrilled that she wanted to go round again. The route winds it’s way through the dense forest, taking you through the various periods. There are actually more information boards in this area than for the live animals. The models are well executed too.

Due to the time of year the light was starting to fade as we left. Additional lighting is definitely needed. We felt the bridge across the road to the car park was bordering on dangerous as it was so poorly lit and one could easily trip.

Overall a great day out, though a few areas could be improved.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited recently after many years
Now parts of the park can only be accessed by a very bumpy safari ride which did not stop to let photographers take pictures
No where near as good as howletts which I enjoyed thoroughly

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have just got back from two days, we loved it. We stayed at the forest hideawayb. I will review the forest hideaway separately as I don’t feel it is fair to review both together. The park was super and the kids loved it. It was clean and tidy and the animals looked well cared for. Many of the species has young which says a lot. We enjoyed the Safari trip where we saw all the animals expected. The giraffe don’t wonder around the trucks as the pictures show though which was a shame. Thing hiding or empty fields. The guide was informative without being too much info. The play parks were fun and the kids enjoyed them, the maze was a highlight for my son. The park is very hilly for little legs so we were very pleased to get a golf buggy with our accommodation. Yes you can take your pram but you want take your pram on the safari truck and then walking back which is the batuaralnroute to see the monkeys was soooo uphill and although port Lympne provide buggy’s they are in seriously poor repair!! A sign needs to go up in the dinosaur entrance to say ground not suitable for buggy’s as it was impossible to push through there. A four star given as the signs around the park were not very good! It was super easy to get lost! With signs just disappearing on route. This was especially a problem in the dark on our golf buggy! It was actually dangerous as you couldn’t see no entry signs or the park signs. Please improve your signs. None of the signs were visible at night and many of the tracks were very narrow so made it very dangerous. When looking for baby dolls restaurant in the evening there were three lost buggies all looking for the way!! It wasn’t only us! As you don’t get the buggy until 2pm ( which is just too late, we would recommend 12 noon - 12 noon buggy times) you haven’t familiarised yourself enough to know the routes. Please improve this.
Check in when staying was awful! We went to 3 different places before we eventually were able to check in, we were sent on a wild goose chase and it was so close to entrance!! Improve staff knowledge if you are going to keep charging large amounts of money for these accommodations as guest services needs to be of the same quality as the charge or the room. The accommodations around the park all looked amazing with differening views. We were disappointed with forest hideaway as it’s not a hideaway... it’s on a road! With 600 acres of land ...why put next to a road! The accommodation location was a real shame but I haven’t included the review on it in this score.
Well done port Lympne on a great animal park. Improvements to be made on guest services

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had the most amazing day here.
The whole day is such good value for money.We felt like we were on holiday.
The whole reserve is kept so beautifully clean and tidy.All animals are kept in fantastic areas.There are plenty of eating places,toilets and rubbish bins.
The staff were all so friendly.
We so loved the drive in the truck around the safari area,absolutely brilliant.
A day we shall never forget,thank you all.

1  Thank Val D