“Great place terrible service”
Review of Maison Lingarole

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crechets
Maison Lingarole
Ranked #1 of 2 Crechets B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great place terrible service”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a really good location and great for cycling. The service however has to be witnessed to be believed! Exact times for food, no heating at night. We felt like we were intruding all the time and if their attitude was not so funny it would be a disgrace. We had fun but only because we have a sense of humour! The same guest house with different hosts would be fantastic.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stevetri

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed here many times now over the last few years and will continue to return...
The location is stunning and provides great access to the surrounding Pyrenees.
The guesthouse itself only has a few rooms which means that it is always a peaceful place to stay.
Lee and Julie take great care of their guests and the accommodation. It is always clean, the food provided is very good and they are more than willing to spend a lot of their time to assist you will local knowledge.
I would always highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank LAD01
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2011

When you stay at a guesthouse, rather than a hotel or private apartment, the entire stay is clearly dependant on how well you relate to the hosts, and how well they can provide for your stay. I could not fault Julie or Lee for being outstanding hosts that are not only lovely people, but have clearly worked out the requirements of most of their guests (pre laminated maps of classic rides is an example that comes to mind) and strive to help their guests get the best out of their time there. I wouldn't put Julie or Lee in the classic "the customer is always right" camp, which is great as they would provide a opinionated view of the best routes and best things to do in the area based on their experience, not the standard 'tourist' trappings. This is the sort of information that is worth charging for in itself in my opinion.
The guesthouse is superb, with clean fresh amenities, but you'd be fooling to come here if you weren't going to use the guesthouse as base for adventures out into the beautiful surrounds every day. While I was there, I rode some of the classic mountain climbs (Tourmelet, Superbagnères, Col du Ares, etc), some of the lesser known and far more picturesque climbs (Port de Bales I love you), spent a great day out on the mountain bike, went for a hike through the national park, and walked over to the nearby Saint Bertrand de Comminges to tour the cathedral. All of these adventures were based on recommendations from Lee and Julie, and there was not a dud suggestion amongst them.
A previous comment regarding breakfast times was not observed while I was there, with Lee and Julie bending over backwards to accommodate guests that were heading out early or arriving home late. These sort of things are regular events for them with people out exploring unfamiliar routes all day, so it is unsurprising that they are used to flexible schedules. Julie picked me up from the train, and also dropped me into town to enquire about a car rental. I couldn't get much more help than that. The cooking is brilliant, great rustic style food sourced from the local area, and in abundance. I ended up keeping notes of the meals each night have tried replicating them back at home they were good. Coq au vin, quiche, pasta bake are all the sort of hearty meals I crave when riding big km's, and Lee riding two towns away to get the best croissant's every morning is an indication of their passion for food.
As you can tell, I liked the place. Outstanding value for money when you include food, great communication (including friendly 'hope you enjoyed everything' post stay emails), and beautiful location has me planning the next trip back already.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank robertshepherd
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Perfect location,situated in the centre of the Pyrenees just kilometres from famous climbs and remarkably quiet roads. Really easy to get to by train with our bike boxes. Beautiful guest house and organic local produce lovingly prepared daily - just what you need after a long day in the saddle. Julie and Lee have extensive knowledge about the area and help you plan your daily route giving you useful tips and a route map (v important). We'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank koalakirsty
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Not worth the money we paid, I wouldn't go back. Breakfast is served at promptly 08:30, not from 07:00 to 09:00 as is usual in other places I've stayed. Dinner is at 19:30, same thing. As an example one guest requested if he could have honey with breakfast, the answer: a flat "No". No reason given, no apology just a flat "No". Another guest requested breakfast at 07:30 because he wanted an early start to a 200km day, the answer: you guessed it, "No". Oh, and I hope you don't want eggs for breakfast. Not going to happen here I'm afraid. The folks are certainly knowledgeable about cycling and Tri sport, but running a guest house needs more than that I'm afraid. They won't be seeing us again anytime soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank hobgoblin07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crechets
Du Cote de Lacoume
Du Cote de Lacoume
#1 of 1 in Anla
Chateau De La Lanette
Chateau De La Lanette
#1 of 1 in Salechan
Yourtes de Barousse et Chambres de L Ourse

Been to Maison Lingarole? Share your experiences!