“Wow!!!! Paradise...”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sayan
“Wow!!!! Paradise...”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We did not have the pleasure of staying here but if and when we do come back we will!! Just truly spectacular. We stopped by on our way to Seminyak and had a drink...we were in awe!! The bar looked like a scene out of the movie Avatar. It's surrounded by the lush jungle with a river down below....words or pictures simply can't describe it. The drinks were amazing and service was superb!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Now that's a description I have not read, "from the movie Avatar"! I have read, "from a James Bond movie", "lost paradise found", "heaven on earth" and more. But Avatar is new and it is much appreciated as rightly said, "its' a wow". I remind the bartenders every now and then that they should look behind them and be fortunate to be serving up amazing drinks at a bar such as at the Four Seasons Sayan.
Thank you very much once again and I hope to welcome you to our Resort one day and experience everything else that it has to offer. We shall keep the drinks waiting for you.
Uday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a week vacation at the property. Without question the most beautiful hotel resort I have ever stayed at. You blink, and it is still there. The initial approach walking over their footbridge, over a jungle gorge, to enter the main building is simply drop-dead gorgeous, We pinched ourselves.

The hotel is placed in a forest/jungle setting; rooms are available in the main building, or alternatively private villas spaced throughout the property. Our villa was beyond our imagination; photos on the website do not do it justice. Spacious, tastefully decorated - plunge pool with a view down to the river flowing by. Total privacy. Silence except for the sound of water flowing past, and bird sounds at dawn/sunset. A magical setting.

Service by all personnel top-notch; the Balinese culture was addictive. Enjoyed local music/dance two evenings on the property. A full first-spa is available, with all services imaginable. The Indonesian cuisine was excellent - special local dinners two nights during our stay. Would definitely suggest taking the early morning Village Walk, through the neighboring rice patties, through the jungle to visit nearby Sayan Village. Memorable.

Easy to obtain taxi to nearby Ubud, the cultural center of Bali, which must be visited. Also arranged car with drive to tour East Bali, which was as special of a day as imaginable.

Without question the most wonderful week I have ever spent on vacation at a hotel.

Room Tip: Villa #21 is out of a dream... cannot really be there.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
You made my Saturday morning! I am smiling. Smiling because of your comments, "drop dead gorgeous", "you blink and it's still there", "it's a dream..cannot really be there"!
I do not think I can describe the Resort any more better than you have.
Thank you so much for your beautiful words. We are delighted we were able to make this a memorable holiday, memorable week for you.
The dream will still be here when you return along with your villa, 21. It is the most popular villa requested. Although all the River Front Villas are special and equally beautiful. Each one unique for it's own reasons.
Thank you again.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Sayan is a beautiful area with the hotel overlooking a river. Great pool, gym and spa. Breakfast is outstanding and the staff are very professional offering fabulous service. Be sure to do the yoga, trekking and enjoy the spa facilities on offer.

Room Tip: I love the Villa's that you enter from above ground and take the spiral staircase underground...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Suzanne R
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
A wonderful review and so happy to share this with the team.
We continue to get comments on the architecture and the design of the Resort, the villas, the setting, even after 16 years since the Resort was built. It is timeless and quite a GEM in the middle of the Sayan forest.
Thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon and every. single. day. was memorable. The hotel really incorporates the local culture into the experience and went the extra mile to make me and my husband feel special. We arrived to be greeted with yellow sarongs, flowers, and a welcome drink, which was a nice touch after a long hot day. In our room there were a flower petal ready for us and a cake with a personal note.

The service was always excellent no matter where we were. We especially enjoyed some of the activities, such as bike ride in the rice patties with Santika, and traditional dancing in the lobby of the hotel. When I mentioned I would like to buy a flute from one of the musicians, someone from the hotel even brokered this deal for me!

The room itself was beautiful, with beautiful wood carving everything that Ubud is known for. We also love the two-level infinity pool overlooking the river. On our last day there were flowers on the bed and a personal card from our room attendants. We are thrilled with our stay here, and would recommend it in a heartbeat. In fact, we are already plotting our return here some time for our anniversary!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Delighted to read that we were able to make your honeymoon memorable. It's always the little things that make a difference. I trust you will return one day, perhaps with family or on one of your anniversaries to relive your fond memories in Sayan.
Wish you all the best.
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Me and some friends want to enjoy coffee with spectacular scenery, then we choose the cafe on this hotel. When we arrived it was at 17 PM. Services at the reception is very good, but when we were in cafe of the riverbank, we were greeted with indifference, when we asked about the drink list, the waiter explained reluctantly.
When already ordered they said they would close at 18 PM, when I wanted to cancel the order the waiter said that they have made our order, can't cancel.
Even more frustrating, my 5 years old daughter ordered warm milk, they serve with melamine cup with figure drawing Bernard faded and dirty brown, I think this cup belongs to the employee. When I asked about it they said that it was the rule of the hotel, because children possibility broke the glass if using glasses cups.
We only had 15 minutes to finish our drinks that cost us 5 star bills, but services such as roadside stalls.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Krisna D
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
First and foremost, my sincere apologies for the complete lapse of service you experienced at our Riverside Café. This is certainly not the type of experience we wish for you and your family to have while visiting us. I wish I could undo what happened, but I would appreciate it if you could give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Please feel free to reach out to me on your next visit to Sayan and I shall do my best to make it up to you and your family.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We started our honeymoon there because of several recommendations from friends.

My God, that place is the perfect place to start your honeymoon. Great place to rest from jetlag. Definitely go for a riverview villa. We stayed in villa 21 and it had an excellent view plus 2 minute walking distance from the river Cafe and the main building where the gym, lobby, bar and restaurant are.

After that we've stayed at the Fullerton Bay Hotel in Singapore, and Anantara Phuket Villas in Thailand, and we've just confirmed that by far the service in the Four Seasons is superior. Everyone know your name, and you can ask them everything and they will go the extra mile.

They fixed my glasses because they had a screw missing, they booked the extra luggage for us for our next flight, they have the fastest room service in the world. It's just a great place to be.

If you're looking for a peaceful place to rest, it's perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for villa 21. Excellent river view and walking distance to the main building and river cafe. Lit...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I agree, villa 21 is one of the best villas in the Resort. Perfect location. It is infact the villa that we used for our photoshoots for our website and villa photographs. Ideal location and the setting is quite stunning.

Appreciate the wonderful words of motivation! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed in one of the private villas for five nights. The service throughout was outstanding, especially the room service. The resort is about 10min taxi ride from the centre of Ubud, but there's a shuttle free of charge that'll take you there and back. The spa services were out of this world as well, with the delicious, refreshing little drinks before and after your treatment. Pure heaven!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
"Pure Heaven"! That's a compliment I love to hear. The spa is an oasis and definitely worth trying once, if not twice during one's stay. The treatments are special and quite unique in every aspect. Designed to relax and heal at the same time.

Thank you again for your kind words. Do spread the word and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Uday
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayan
Viceroy Bali
The Kayon Resort
The Kayon Resort
#2 of 198 in Ubud
Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan? Share your experiences!