“Excellent”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sayan
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a world class resort. Excellent management, staff, and property. You can never forget the feeling of walking across the bridge to enter the resort...it's amazing. The design and privacy of the pool villas makes you never want to leave. When you do have to leave, you will want to return as soon as possible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

The arrival on the bridge is the most dramatic arrival experiences amongst all the Four Seasons properties I have been to and worked at. Few compare to it. It is special.

Thank you again for your kinds words. It is much appreciated.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Four Seasons Sayan was amazing, we loved everything about this resort, the service was by far the stand out, way beyond our expectations & nothing was ever a drama, it felt like everything you would want in a holiday had been thought of, there were even times where staff went above & beyond in particular concierge when we bought a framed painting back from a gallery in Ubud they made sure it was re-packed so it wouldn't be damaged & they also rushed us via golf buggy to our cycling activity we were running late for. The free activities the resort offers are really good, we did the cycle through the rice paddy fields & the standard of bikes (Trek) was well above expectations. I also paid for water combat class which was held by an Italian instructor who worked me really hard, but because I was the only one in the class it felt like personal training, which I loved. The setting of the resort & the rooms was so tranquil, it made for a great pre/post stay outside of the busy areas of Bali, the stress just melted away after arriving here. I would absolutely go back to this resort & urge my friends & family to stay here as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Great to hear that we were able to make your stay with us a memorable one. I will let our Concierge team and Francesca know about your kind words about them. They will for sure be pleased.

The bike tour in the afternoon through the rice fields is one of our most popular activities, including the morning village walk at 8am.

Do not wait too long to return to paradise. We shall be waiting to welcome you back. And thank you in advance for telling your friends and family. No better advertising than word of mouth. Much obliged.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This property is just lovely. It's set beside a river with a really intimate feel. The restaurant was excellent. Our room was perfectly appointed & a cool oasis. I never wanted to leave the bed each morning. Luckily the breakfast buffet was wonderful with lots of well made options! The staff was spot on for a 4S property. Staying in the tropics always has challenges with the heat & bugs, etc. But this place really made the experience as elegant as possible without taking you out of the glory of the area. They offered some wonderful cultural tours, etc. But you can take the free shuttle to Ubud daily also.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

The setting does make a huge difference and we are blessed to be in such a magical environment, close to nature as one can get, with the river flowing steps from your villa or restaurant and pool.

Thank you for your review and the words of encouragement. It is much appreciated when staff read it from the guests themselves.

The Resort being close to Ubud and yet away from the town centre is a big advantage. One can escape if needed and yet close enough to venture off in the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I love sayan and the views are spectacular so the four seasons have really made the most of this. We only had a drink at the restaurant so I can speak for the rooms however the location is spectacular. It's a little drive from the Main Street of ubud (5-10min drive). The prices are expensive. With taxes about $10 per bintang compared to $2.50 elsewhere but you pay for the view. If u have the time it's worth a stop in.

• Stayed: March 2014

The views are magical and special.

Do give us another week and you will see reduced pricing of local beers, cocktails and drinks. We are in the midst of reducing pricing.

For your information, we shall start live Jazz Band from April 22nd from 6:30pm at the Jati Bar. So do come by and visit us again. Please ask for me if you do return.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

i still consider this is one of my most desirable resort, i can get away from the city and finally rest up my mind there. i think the picture doesn't show how exactly it makes you feel when you step into the resort, but i felt amazing, everywhere is elegant yet relaxing. Service is always the best in four seasons, everywhere will do their best to serve you in a personal way and not giving you a "fake-being nice attitude". i can't say enough good words.

My only comment is i don't like the bed and the bedding materials. The best is too soft I feel almost sleeping on water.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I agree with you! The pictures do not do justice and one must see the expanse and proximity to nature and river in person to feel the awesomeness of this place.

Thank you for such wonderful words of encouragement.

All the best for the months ahead and do share your experience with family and friends.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We've seen many pictures and heard from many friends about this property, but none of that can do any justice to the actual feeling once you step inside this spectacular resort.
This was our 20th Four Seasons we've stayed at and is definitely in top 3 of all time.
You're used to people knowing your name, but how did EVERYONE know our daughter's name and that she has a food allergy (including people we've never seen) is beyond my understanding.
I think they perfected the communication in this resort, seriously.
The usual attentiveness and personal care you're used to at FS is brought to a whole new level here. I guess it has to do something with them hiring locals only, which is just great. The people of Bali (at least from experience) are so nice, warm and happy. Special mention to Ricky (the main F&B guy) who took an amazing care of us and especially of our daughter's special requirements.
So when you combine the stunning property with the best service from the most pleasant people, you get a place you must not miss before you kick the bucket.

Can't wait to be back. Terima Kasih!

Room Tip: A 1 BR villa gets you the privacy you want.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I myself have my own bucket list and this is definitely a compliment I shall remember for our Resort. Thank you for such kind words.

Kids always have a special place in our hearts. Take care of the kids, the holiday gets better for the families, parents and all. They deserve the attention, so why not. I shall for sure let Ricky know as well.

Being a GM in this resort, I am fortunate to have all locals and the team that I have. They are special and makes my job a lot easier.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Several time to Bali and its my 3rd stay in Sayan. A great place where you just wanna drop all your bags and emerge yourself in nature. The villa is well maintained and designed homely. Location is very near to Kintamani where we had our lunch while viewing the mountains. Great employees all over the resort!

A MUST try resort to stay in whenever you plan to stay in Bali!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ryanjy

Thank you for commenting, "A Must Try" in Bali. Without being bias, I must agree. It is special, unique and the setting is quite magical. Second to none.

The newly renovated villas have received many great reviews and thank you for returning to our resort over the years.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Uday

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayan
Viceroy Bali
The Kayon Resort
#3 of 199 in Ubud
Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan? Share your experiences!