Priceline
Petrajrd
London, United Kingdom

A Slice of Heaven

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 22, 2014
I have just returned from staying at the Samaya with my daughter for a week. It truly is a magical place and the most relaxing I've ever stayed in. From the very first moment you arrive the service is impeccable and you are made to feel very special and unique. We stayed in a river side villa which was gorgeous - the only problem being we kept falling asleep on the cabana outside because we were so relaxed! We took full advantage of the spa and tried different treatments - all wonderful in an outstanding location. And the food - delicious, creative and served always with a smile. I tried both the cycling and the trekking which I enjoyed very much and found very informative. We are back home and truly missing the Samaya. In fact I love this place so much I have already booked to go back in December! A magical hotel.
Trip type: Traveled with family
1.1 miles from The Samaya Ubud Bali
Pool
View more hotels in Sayan
1,653 results
All reviews scene restaurant hillside villa ayung river afternoon tea our honeymoon private pool the hotel manager rice fields golf buggies breakfast restaurant butler service every member of staff cooking class bike ride on demand day bed heaven on earth
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place is absolutely perfect and a wonderful place to stay. From the very welcoming airport transfer to your final night at this amazing place.

After arriving in Bali, Indonesia and having to wait at the airport close to 3 hours in order to get through the checkpoint due to poor performance by the airport authorities it was a pleasure to see our driver waiting for us with a huge smile on his face. After he helped out with carrying our luggages he quikcly ran to get the fully automatic, airconditioned and luxury shuttle car to our feet.

Once inside the car we were offered chilling refreshments such as chilled strawberries, iced towels and a nice bottle of much needed chilled water. Our driver was completely at our service and did offer to take us anywhere we wanted to go before we reached the hotel and he recommended the Bali Coffee House where we had the chance to try the notorious Luwak Coffee, a balinese specialty.

Upon arrival at this amazing getaway we recieved warm welcomes from all staff who saw us, even the security guards at the gates. I later realised this was not a one off just for our initial welcoming but it continued throughout our stay, the staff always acknowledged us and greeted us whenever we encountered one another.

While the staff member at the reception checked us in we were taken aside by another staff member and briefed on what to expect at the Samaya and what they had to offer, our check in was complete without me even realising.

Immediately after our check in we were taken on a guided tour around the samaya and later dropped off at our luxurious villa! Our villa was the hillside villa and had everything we expected if not more. A/C, LCD TV, Personal Pool, Jacuzzi, double sinks and even a tv in the bathroom opposite the jacuzzi!

We ate at both the restaurants and both had delicious food. The service yet again was exceptional. They truly do make you feel special with the service they provide.

We organised the 100 Candlelit dinner for our final night at the Samaya which was absolutely breath taking, I recommend this specialty service to all visitors to the Samaya, a truly memorable experience! The dinner service does not just end at the restaurant, while you are having dinner the staff prepare your villa for a truly romantic night and it is a nice suprise when you return from the dinner.

On our final day we were pampered with the balinese style massage where I completely fell asleep during the session due to how relaxing it was!

Overall, a great place to stay and visit and I'd like to come again some day.

Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank eminc874
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed for 6 nights at the Samaya Ubud. It was incredible. The villa was lovely and we had such an amazing view over the rice paddies. Inside the villa was laid out well, very clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and couldn't have done more to make our stay more enjoyable. In terms of food, the breakfast and afternoon tea every day was delicious. We dined every night down at the Swept Away restaurant which was really lovely. The menu was modern, fresh and exciting with a twist. And the spa was perfect, very professional staff who were well trained in the therapies they offered. We can't wait to stay at the Samaya again! Thanks to all the staff, it was a pleasure to meet you all.

2  Thank Kara W
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My business has me spending over 150 nights a year in hotels. My wife does the same. We are very careful when life allows us time away together for short holidays. This place is amazing. The setting is stunning, the Villas are luxurious and spotless, and the service is out of this World. If you need your butler for anything (ice, soda, a ride, etc) he is at your door in seconds. Everyone knows your name. Your morning newspaper has your name typed in it. The food is amazing. I don't know where they hired their pastry chef from, but I spend a fair amount of time in France, and the bread and croissants at the Samaya can even give the French a run for their money--they are truly amazing and must not be missed. All I can say is this place is amazing and we have never experience service at this level in all of our previous travels.

Date of stay: February 2014
4  Thank Robb M
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Samaya is one of the nicest resorts I've ever stayed in. Full of beautiful greenery that blends into the natural flora of the surroundings, it is truly a paradise. The Samaya is surrounded by wonderful views of the river Agung, padi fields and mountains. As wonderful as the resort was, the service the staff provided surpassed it. They were truly fantastic!

1  Thank Martin G
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had very nice stay at the first night for our honeymoon but the second night was ruined by one wrong room service!

We were woken up by super loud doorbell at midnight, while my husband and I were sleeping. We had to get up and went out of our villa to check what was happening. It was quite scaring and surprising when you were woken up at midnight cos we didn't know what had happened and who were outside of villa. Still cant figure out how come it would possibly happen in such luxury villa/hotel!!!

The worst thing was when I brought up this mistake to the reception next day, while we were checking out. There were two reception stuffs, they DID NOT apologize, answer my question or even explain anything to me. The older staff just gave me an investigation form and told me that I could write down comments if any. The stuff was very unkind and very rude!!! I DID wrote down my comments and contact information, but till now I have not received any reply yet. Very disappointed about their service! not worth to stay!!!!

Room tip: very nice breakfast and villa facilities but very bad service at the reception!!!
49  Thank Celine912