“Ziplining, anyone?” 5 of 5 bubbles

224 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“Ziplining, anyone?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Long Point is located on the north shore of Lake Erie, part of Norfolk County in the province of Ontario, Canada. It is about 40 kms long and one kilometer across its widest point. There are many things to do here .. from sunbathing, swimming, cycling, fishing, birdwatching, pontooning, camping, and the list goes on.

Long Point Eco-Adventures is located on Front Road. I went there with my friends to do the ziplining and rappelling package. We had a practice run before we actually went on the real thing. The tour took us across the Carolinian forests .... spectacular view. The last section of the tour was long. We landed on a deck high above the forest, and this is where we rappelled! An amazing and fun day ... no need for fear. Just relax and enjoy the ride!

After the tour, we decided to go on a hike on the property. So much to do in this place.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank KathleenR_28

Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Spent an amazing day exploring Long Point Eco- Adventures! Started our day out with an awesome Zip Line Tour. The guides were fun, knowledgeable about the area and very professional. The practice zip (just slightly off the ground) was a great introduction for 2 people in our group who had never zipped before. You would never have known they were first timers by the end of the tour when they rappelled themselves from the final platform back to earth! AWESOME! (did I mention they were in their 60s and 70s and had a blast!) This is a great adventure for all ages! From there we enjoyed the trails overlooking the beautiful views of Lake Erie and the Turkey Point Marsh surrounded by lots of birds and butterflies! What a great escape! Headed over to the Burning Kiln Winery for some wine tasting and late lunch. Sadly we couldn't spend the night, but we did get a peek in one of the tents and I can't wait to come back and camp "Long Point Eco-style" and maybe have a chance to do some star gazing at their observatory or try zipping at night. Unfortunately, we just ran out of time, but we definately plan to come back next year! Thanks for a great day!

1 Thank Ian C
Toronto, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wonderful Ziplines and Accomodations that Suck.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Zipline tour was amazing! FUN EXCITING SAFE AND PROFESSIONAL! Our guides were fantastic and our whole group loved the tour- I would totally go again!

The Accomodations were fantastic in all ways but one VERY important way. The Cabin-Tents were clean, spacious and very well done. HOWEVER the power kept going out due to a reoccuring electrical short. The day was cool and damp and the night was freezing and our heater kept blowing out the fuses. We had to get out of bed SEVERAL times during the night to go get the staff to flip the breaker. We were then informed that we could only turn on the heater and not use any other electricity at all- no Lights (at night) no heating blanket no alarm clock no radios- Nothing! And yet the power went out again and again. Very annoying and cold.

Not only did this happen for us but 3 other Cabins throughout our stay.....they gave us a FREE late checkout, saving us $20 ...big whoop.

Would not stay over night again unless it was summer

Also overall, too expensive for the accomodations but I would do the zip lines again..

Also the "continantal free breakfast" was fit for homeless people

Visited September 2012
LPEA, Guest Relations Manager at Long Point Eco-Adventures, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Breaker. Breaker. 10-4 on that tripping experience. We are really sorry that has happened and we got onto this right away and discovered it was a simple fix with our electrical contractor putting in greater capacity breakers. Problem solved! However we sure understand how this can rankle our most valuable assets… our customers, while overshadowing your other experiences. Also, we want to make sure our “woops” are meaningful and will certainly look forward to having direct contact with you. To do so please connect with our lonely, not very busy but earnest CWO, Chief Woops Officer. They can be reached via e-mail at info@lpfun.ca.
Saint Thomas, Canada
“Best birthday ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I celebrated my 56th in a BIG way last weekend. He booked a glamping and zip-lining package and we had a blast! We were toasty warm in our King size bed (with electric blankets~dual controls), and to have a flush toilet, sink and shower in our tent provided us with an "over the top" camping experince. The tent was super clean, it felt like being in a five star hotel, and not a tent. Thank you Steve, Jessica and the housekeeping gla whose name I didn't get. Jen and Amanda were our zip jockeys and they were professional and fun! I felt completely safe with them guiding us.
Ian showed us the stars, and he was an enthusiast star-gazer who knew his stuff. We ate at the Buring Kiln Winery for a supper and a lunch and really enjoyed the food, the service and the wine. Hannah and Jasmine are excellent hostesses. I didn't get the chef's name, but our compliments to his skills!
Another supper we enjoyed was at the Normandale Inn. It is a short drive down the road (look out for deer, as we saw a doe and her yearling). Alex was our excellent server, and the food was amazing. I enjoyed a Burning Kiln wine so much that night that I had to go and get a bottle the next day. I used to work for a Niagara winery store and couldn't drink those wines, but I can these :)
So, all in all, this place is the best kept secret ( but no more) in Southwestern Ontario. Thank you, again LPEA for the best birthday ever!

Stayner, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Fun filled day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I were camping in the area and stumbled upon this place. A lil pricey, but we had lots of fun. The staff was great and I felt safe with them and the equipment. I feel the arrival to the place could have been better though. A bunch of us checked-in and kinda stood there waiting for instruction about what to do next or where to go and we were never really asked if we had reservations or not. Just filled out the waiver and we stood around. Our Observatory evening was cancelled because of predicted rain and we sat back at our campsite under a star-filled sky that night :(
We would definitely return and maybe bring more friends and try the evening zip line package. I would like to hear the night sounds and maybe catch another glimpse of a flying squirrel.