“Excellent Lunch”
Review of The Plough

The Plough
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Greetham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a traditional English pub serving real ales and cider, draught beer and cider, bottled beers, wines and much more, freshly ground coffee and tea, we serve a traditional menu with pub grub favourites and chefs daily changing specials, children's menu, homemade pizza and pizza is available to take away, also sandwiches at lunch time during the week. We have a terrace behind the pub south facing so its a real sun trap in the summer months we are also dog friendly in the bar. Bar open all day Friday Saturday and Sunday
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Great pub grub. Freshly cooked. Very reasonably priced. I ordered pie which had a full coating of shortcrust pastry. The others has a delicious pulled pork. Thai fishcake and soup starters were also excellent

2  Thank Haedwards

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

I've been saying for ages I'd like to visit The Plough, as we live quite close, so last week my husband and I called in for a bar snack. We received a very friendly welcome and were spoilt for choice when trying to decide from the varied menu. I settled on lasagne with garlic bread and my husband had gammon, egg and chips, both of which were delicious. Unexpectedly we had visitors coming on Sunday so thought it a good opportunity to try the Sunday lunch - we were not disappointed!! The dining room was full with a great atmosphere and the menu provided something for everyone from traditional roasts to scampi or sausage and mash!! There was a very good selection of well cooked vegetables and everything was hot. The desserts too are not to be missed believe me!! So glad we finally called in and looking forward to doing so again.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I saw The Plough as I walked past on a country walk and thought it epitomised the traditional country pub. I entered and ordered a drink and as I waited I noticed that all the tables were set for Sunday lunch. I enquired with the barman as to where I might sit and after consulting the diary he pointed to a seat by the door and said I could sit there and should be ok for about half an hour. This I didn't mind as I intended to get on with my walk. I had no sooner sat down when a man, who I presumed to be the landlord, told me in no uncertain terms that I couldn't sit there as some people were due to arrive at any minute. Pointing to another chair he told me I could sit over there. Bad customer relations when you speak to a customer without as much as a please or thank you. As I had already paid for my drink I decided to stay and finish it otherwise I would had simply walked out. I'm a great believer in voting with one's feet on such occasions and I will not be returning. Reading the other reviews it is obvious that business is good and the pub is well liked so perhaps a negative review might make the landlord less complacent and realise that every customer is important, even the casual visitor!

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Have just returned from a holiday in Lincolnshire & visited this village pub for an evening meal, which did not disappoint. The pub was very busy & obviously popular. We had a little wait for our meal, but as all food is cooked fresh it was well worth the wait. Returned the following eve & again the meal was very good, also the service.

1  Thank Cynpar
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Came here for lunch. Service was very friendly, and the ploughmans we both had were excellent. Nice outside seating area (for sun), overlooking carpark so not a stunning view. Great beer selection. Very reasonably priced, hence full of locals. Very nice experience overall.