“Lovely village pub!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Leavening
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Been a few times to the Jolly Farmers for Sunday Lunch & highly recommend it, the food is lovely and reasonably priced also the staff are nice,friendly & very helpful, this pus is definately worth a visit,best to book a table tho as it does get busy on a sunday lunch time.

1  Thank Susie123R
There are newer reviews for The Jolly Farmers Inn

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were recommended to try a meal here and we weren't disappointed. It was a friendly place to eat/drink.
Although it doesn't look enticing from the outside as it's a local pub, don't be put off, it's worth going in.
The food was excellent value with a good choice of drinks. The cost for 1 starter, 2 mains with 2 large wines and 2 pints was a very good value at £39.
It was all we could do to eat the generous mains so had to pass on the sweets, which was a shame as they looked appetising.
A log fire burns which adds to the atmosphere and it's used by locals.

4  Thank lynntee
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A group of 8 of us ate here last night, a busy friday night, so glad we booked. Its a real gem of a "proper" pub that has retained its locals and built up a fantastic food trade. Thankfully none of us had starters , the mains were all great and very filling. I had the goats cheese and beetroot tart with new pots and salad and it was exactly what I wanted, so tasty. One of our group telephoned ahead to request a special dietry dish and she said it was superb!! Hubby had the local rabbit pie with herby mash, nothing left on his plate!! 2 of the group had the special burgers , which are a work of art, again nothing left at the end of the meal. Cant remember what the others had but we all agrred the tast, service, pricing, atmosphere was spot on. We did manage a cho fondant to share which was melt in the mouth delicious, but by this time I was already too full. Can't wait to return and will defo reccommend

1  Thank Glyn T
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Jolly Farmers is a gastropub which manages to serve excellent quality food at a reasonable price and still maintains the feel of a real village pub.

I often dine here and the last time I was there, as always, the food was delicious.

I had been driving from London for 4 hours and all the way home, all I could think about was getting to "The Jolly Farmers" on the way back for steak and chips. Nothing clever, nothing fancy, just good quality food. I arrived on the dot of the kitchen closing, but Dan (the chef / owner) was more than happy to oblige and my food arrived quickly.

I often think that one of the best ways to judge a restaurant is to order this dish. When mine arrived, the steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly. The chips were crunchy on the outside, yet moist inside. Good quality local field mushrooms were cooked to a T, as were the tomatoes. Soft inside, yet caramelised on the pan-down side.

There's not a lot more I can say about The Jolly Farmers. Every time I eat there, whether it be for their "Sunday Dinner", a meal with 10+ friends, or just a drink at the bar (they have a great selection of draught beers, which changes often), it is always a memorable occasion.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Popular pub and recommend to book in advance for Sunday lunch as it was full in both the pub and restaurant areas by 12:30. Beef stew pie and rabbit pie were the best. Took half an hour for the mains to come but worth the wait. Puddings were good too. Shamed there is no baby changing facilities or we could stay for much longer.

1  Thank WW R