Thushaaram Holiday Home is a small cottage style vacation property in Kuttikkanam. It was being used by the owners as their vacation cottage, later converted into a holiday home. It is located in a very silent and scenic place at Kuttikkanam in the Alleppey - Thekkady route.
I visited Thushaaram during the first week of October along with a few friends. I would give 5 out of 5 rating for this property, considering this is a budget cottage.
Don't expect a serviced apartment or a luxury hotel. You get a 2 bed-room cottage with kitchen and other basic facilities in a very silent place. If you are looking for a cottage to spend a few days with friends or relatives, this is an ideal place.
What you get:
1. Full cottage for you to enjoy and bond with family, friends or relatives.
2. Two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, living room etc
3. No air conditioning here but the weather is usually very cool here similar to hill stations.
4. Basic gaming activities for children
5. There is a pond in the property. No fishing though. I was told the pond may not have water during summer.
6. There is a shallow river/stream adjacent to the property. This was our favourite place to sit and relax. You can simply lie down on the rocks and watch the moving mist. We were told "strictly no alcohol on the river side" to make sure no glass is broken and left over on the river side.
7. There is no food served here. You can cook yourself, which is what enjoyed by most people.
8. There is a helper person who lives nearby. He is available for hiring to help you with cooking, food, local shopping etc.
9. No posh amenities or luxury services here. But the owner Mr. Shyam is always available on phone to guide and help you.
10. Owner is a nature lover and is very strict regarding throwing bottles/trash in the areas/riverside.
11. Noisy activities that break the serenity of nature will not be permitted. So, if you are going with college friends and plan to conduct a gala night party, check with Mr. Shyam if it will be permitted.
Kids will love the shallow river which has crystal clear natural water and it is safe too but will need attention from parents since the rocks are slippery.
Thushaaram is a good place for a couple of days of holidays at an affordable cost.
It was a nice expeience staying at Thusharam. Me and my friends stayed there for two days. And we are planning for another visit this month last.
Before I say anything about the trip I would like to appreciate the effort made by Shyam the host. He is very kind enough to support us up to booking return bus ticket, he is that awesome.
The place is homestay so you can't expect the luxury of resort kind but it provides different feeling. Like others said the place is very calm and view is perfect enough to shoot an album. Cost is very affordable and you will get more than you pay. We had very comfortable stay except few minor issues that are taken care of. Overall it's definitely worth a stay, we have been there to shoot the album and we couldn't have done that without shyam's help so you can count on him. Last but not least,the place is not very luxury while it's not bad either, you will definitely get more than you pay for. We captured some of master shot for the album that shows the view from the resort I will upload em to Facebook page soon.
A perfect, relaxing getaway home in the beautiful hill station. I and my college buddies stayed here for a couple of nights in December as part of our alumni meet. We enjoyed the calm, clean and scenic surrounding. The house is maintained very well. I was particularly impressed by the cleanliness of the restrooms, kitchen and the bedrooms. A perfect vacation rental to stay with family as well. The caretaker for this home lives nearby and is available for help anytime. On one of the nights, we even made a campfire in front of the house. It was real fun to gather around it in the cold December night chit-chatting with friends who lives around the globe and flew in to enjoy their Christmas vacation and to attend our 23rd alumni meet.
Will definitely come back to stay here during my next visit to Peermade. Highly recommend this place.
Ideal for both families and friends, who want to spend a vacation or a weekend. Surrounded by misty hills and tea plantations, the house offers a scenic view of the area. The morning mist and chirping birds is a welcome change from the usual city buzz. The facility offers a lounge area, two bedrooms, a dining room, kitchen and bathroom.
Cable TV is available, kitchen has all basic equipments and cutlery for cooking, both bedrooms have mattresses, bed sheets, pillows and woolen blankets. Extra mattresses are available too. Caretaker lives nearby and is available on call.
On our visit, we requested for a camp-fire and the caretaker provided us with firewood. Ample parking space available in front of the house.
This is not a luxury accommodation, but all basic amenities are taken care-of. Many tourist attractions are easily reachable from here. All in all, a serene and calm area to spend a vacation. I'll prefer to stay here next time too.