“It's a French coffee shop in London”
Review of Macaron

Macaron
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Clapham
Cuisines: French
Dublin
“It's a French coffee shop in London”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The coffee is good (I didn't have tea), the service is order and pay at the counter, then grab a seat or to go. All the baking seems to be done in the premises so the cakes are lovely and fresh. Many of the pastries are in the front window so as I was told by someone in the know, "you pick one up using the tongs, put it in a bag or on a plate (if eating in) and then go and pay for it and order your drink". There is one huge table which you can share or you can grab a small table inside or outside overlooking the common. The service is French, comme si, comme cà. Enjoy

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcome surprise!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Desperate to find a decent coffee, and not one from a chain, we happened upon this patisserie; fab Sunday morning treat! And the most reasonably priced latte I have ever had. Awesome quiche and sausage roll!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing and boring food”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stopped at the macaron for a quick meal before seeing a film at the Clapham Picture house. I ordered a ham and cheese panini and a sparkling water. Not a very complicated order. The lady at the counter told me
To have a seat and she would bring me my sandwich, she put it on the panini press then started a conversation with her coworker. After nearly 10 minutes of waiting for a sandwich that I could see was finished I had to get up and remind her. She didn't even apologise. The sandwich finally came and was very disappointing. Boring, little flavour, I could have made better at home. Although they had many sweets, nothing really looked that appealing. I also watched a lady order a chamomile tea and try have her a latte and when she said something her server came back with her tea and asked her for .75 to pay the difference! I thought this was very rude since it was clearly there mistake. Cafe was not busy at all, with 3 diners and 2 staff members.

London, United Kingdom
“OK macarons but nothing special”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This place is probably one of the nicer spots in Clapham for a coffee (which is not saying much) but it's certainly nothing special. There is a tiny range of mini-macarons which are tasty but dry and do not seem particularly fresh. There are too few tables and the big communal table is a waste of space. Staff range from mildly nice to pretty rude and the "cash only" policy is tired and highly irritating - it's 2012, get with the times and get a card machine. Food on offer is uninspired. There are some nice loose leaf teas on offer. There is a view of Clapham Common. Basically, lower your expectations.

• Visited January 2012
London
“Fabulous French Cuisine that is cheap and cheerful”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My partner and I have eaten here a few times now, usually before or after we have walked our dog on the common.

The food is always great, the service always with a smile and the experience always leaves us wanting to come back.

The only niggle is that they are cash only and we dont always have money on us as we tend to pay by card

• Visited December 2011