“Spanish comes to the suburbs, a very welcome addition”
Review of Bocados - CLOSED

Bocados
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bocados Warners Bay is an intimate Spanish Tapas bar serving authentic food, transporting its diners on a Journey to Spain. With Small 'Tapas', larger 'Racions' and banquet menus for customers to share and enjoy, or dine in a traditional entree and Main format. We also offer great Spanish wines and beers and traditional spanish sangria, coffee,dessert and churros.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Bocados, based on our experience a week after opening, is doing everything right. Service was efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. The menu seems similar to the city. We had 2 tapas ( whitebait, squid) dishes and 2 small main (paella, lamb shank) courses, plenty of food for the 2 of us, at moderate prices. Dishes came out perfectly spaced, we were never rushed or left sitting without food on the table. It's lovely to go to a "real" restaurant in Warner's Bay at last. My only issue was the size of the tables for 2, not really large enough for comfort, especially when sharing dishes. Otherwise, we had a great experience and will be sure to return.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This new restaurant opened a few weeks ago in Warners Bay, a nice change from the typical cafes that are there. My wife and I booked for a recent Saturday nigth, the place was very busy and tables were crowded together, at times it felt like we were sitting on top of other people, it was also very hot and the front and back doors left open but no air was flowing. Service wise, we were quick to be seated but given no menus. I had a BYO bottle of wine and beer but was not offered a wine cooler to store the wine in a the table, and as the table was set for three but barely big enough for two I had to store the beer and wine on the spare chair. Only one wine glass was given even though there were two of us and after asking two waiters we eventually got a bottle of tap water, the menus and an explanation of the specials available. If your are looking to have a meal based on a large selections of tapas then you will be disappointed, the tapas selection is small, but the two we choose, jamon and the white bait, the white bait was good value the jamon average. Main dish selection is reasonable with a nice selection for all tastes and palates. The paella that my wife ordered was nice but certainly we have had better. The staff were very friendly and acknowledge our complaints on the night. I'm not sure if I'd rush back immediatley but I may give them another try to see if things change after they have been open longer. Is it worth while to go?, probably yes as long as you can put up with small things that may not suit all people, ie very hot room, crowded tables and small tapas selection. The restaurant is a BYO at this stage.

1  Thank NewieTraveller