“girls day”

Warners Bay Hotel Bayside Brasserie
Ranked #22 of 45 Restaurants in Warners Bay
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle, Australia
“girls day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

food good, service quick. not a big variety. menu seems to stay the same. premises clean.out door eating area is the best spot

Visited February 2012

Newcastle, Australia
“OK Pub Food, but noisy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I needed a quick meal while my wife was out of town, and that's just what I got. The service was so prompt that my meal was ready before I even found a table. I couldn't rave about the food, though for the price it was acceptable, but the main sticking point for me was the noise. Was pleasantly surprised by the list of wines by the glass, all at a reasonable price, but couldn't stop to enjoy them because the noise drove me out.

• Visited December 2012
The Roo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warners Bay Hotel = Steak $26.90, leather boots cheaper and tastier.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Steak was tough as an old boot, probably the worst I have ever had. I asked for a sirloin and a tough rump was dished up. It was medium, cooked ok. 3 or 4 bites and I had to send it back, I couldn't chew it and needed an angle grinder to cut it, they didn't care, they basically said bad luck and they threw it in the bin.

I told them if I'd known they were going to throw it out I would have battled through it even though they obviously knew this was the best place for it. They claimed I ate most of it, which was a lie and gave me nothing. I suggested they check the CCV footage to prove that I'd eaten most of as I was getting annoyed.

We had 15 people there and the place would have been empty without us, I suggested they refund half my meal as I ate the chips and salad (I ate them first before I started the steak not realising what a piece of leather it was). They said the chef 'looked at it' and it was fine, I suggested the chef attempt to cut a piece off it and try to chew. He obviously does not know his cuts of meat.

I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.

I have had many steaks from other places and never been this peeved with what I got.

I would not recommend this to my dog as I couldn't afford the vets bill for his teeth.

Beer was fine.

• Visited September 2012
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“Usual hotel fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Not fantastic, noisy atmosphere, food reasonable and prices OK. Get a table outside if possible. Heaps of off street parking with a nearby bottle shop.

Visited July 2012
Taree NSW Australia
“good food good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We needed a break from visiting relatives, so tried the tavern. We had 2 of the $10 specials (bangers and mash for him, chicken curry for her) and they were great. Enough for us, and with 2 glasses of wine, a very economical meal. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere is ideal for families, singles or couples.

• Visited August 2012