My colleague and I stayed here overnight for a business trip. We received a lovely, warm welcome and I was taken to a gorgeous large bedroom with high beams and a beautiful 4 poster bed. The room was lovely and warm and the shower was hot and powerful!! Both rooms were spotlessly clean.
We had dinner in the pub restaurant and sampled 2 starters and 2 main meals. The food was of a very high standard, as indeed was the large full english breakfast.
We would both highly recommend staying at this hotel (and eating there!) We will certainly stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plough B & B is a 16th Century building which has kept some of its original features such as its thatched roof and inglenook fireplace set in the heart of Oxfordshire near the river Thames. 2.7 miles to Dorchester on Thames, 4-5 miles to Didcot & Harwell, Milton Park and Abingdon, 7 miles to center of Oxford & university colleges. All of our rooms are en suite with hair dryer, trouser press, tea & coffee making facilities,a small fridge, 32" - 43" free view televisions with USB ports for playing home movies & photos, bluray player provided upon request, Wifi is free ( fibre optic broad band up to 200 meg. will be installed before mid of December 2015 ). * Please note there is no restauratn or pub in the building. * Free parking is ganranteed available even for 600 size van. There are a few restaurants nearby. The Barley Mow restaurant is 5 mins walk away by the bridge near the river Thames, The chequershere the chef cooks deliciou food is 1.1 miles and 3 mins drive or if you fancy a delicious indian or another traditional pub food is 1.3 miles to next village in Long Whitenham. The famous Crazy Bear hotel & Restaurant is also 3.5 miles away. A small village store & post office is across the main road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Plough Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Hotel Clifton Hampden
- The Plough Inn Clifton Hampden, England - Oxfordshire