“A gem hidden in the bush”
Review of Mziki Safari Lodge

Mziki Safari Lodge
Ranked #1 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Brits
boksburg
“A gem hidden in the bush”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Truly grateful for a friend referring this lodge to to me. Its absolutely wonderful and Manuela and the other lodge staff make you feel at home then you just dont want to leave. The service was just outstanding from the time you arrive till the time you check out. Words are just not enough to express the hospitality, you need to experience for yourself. Will definitely make a trip to the lodge very soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at Mziki Safari Lodge in July and I am finally writing my review. We had an absolutely fantastic experience from the minute we arrived until we drove away. This is a small, very family friendly lodge and one of few that gives children the opportunity to view game in such a safe, relaxed environment. The service we experienced was very personal and the staff were professional and friendly. We really felt we were able to relax and feel at home. I cannot fault the warmth of the venue, gorgeous setting, the food and of course excellent game viewing - we ticked off our viewing lists and even had a good sighting of an aardvark, which my 9 year old son (who is passionate about nature) told me is very rare! Thanks to all at Mziki and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

..we planned an early Bday breakaway for my wife Lesley in mid August 2013. We chose the midweek special and it was just that. Special.
It is so close to Johannesburg and I would suggest that of you are thinking of driving up, you use the Sun City road directions!!
Our rooms were very comfy and duvet was perfect for the winter chill. Game drives early morning was very professionally presented and afternoon drinks stop on the game drive was enjoyable. Staff was very helpful whenever approached by us. Lazy mornings reading in the sun next to pool on loungers. The food was very tasty but I found that the Chef was very inexperienced for a lodge of this caliber. All in all I would recommend Mziki any time. Hamba Kahle.

Room Tip: If you have a noisy group - ask for a room far away from boma.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I cannot praise the facilities and the staff enough. There is a really relaxed home from home feel about the lodge in a truly stunning location. I will definitely go back, perhaps when the weather is a little warmer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was my 1st visit to Mziki lodge. It was everything I expected and more. The accomodation was immuculate and well presented. The food which was included in our deal was excellent. The manager even managed to accomodate my children likes and dislikes. The rangers were very well informed about the animals. The swimming pool and children's play area were well maintained.

On our first evening there even the elephants came to greet us!! We even had the pleasure of seeing an aardvark which is apparently very unusual.In between safaris you can relax by the pool or in the evening socialize around the blazing fire.

The only compliant I could have was that while we were there, there were a couple of large groups which at times could become a bit rowdy and there was no specific smoking areas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon H
Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you want to totally relax and "get away from it all" then take a trip to Mziki Lodge. This is our second visit and we love it. Friendly and helpful staff, good food and relaxing atmosphere, and then there is the spectacular game drives. Make sure you have warm clothing if coming at this time of year (Jun/Jul) and of course your camera and binos, then just enjoy the experience. You will not be dissappointed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve C
Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had an offer via my Travel Agent for a mid week break at Mziki and my wife and I went in late May. We were offered game drives, game walks and a barge trip. Unfortunately we could not have the barge trip as the river level was too low and one of the rangers was on holiday so the game walk was also out. However it was made up by game drives morning and evening each day of our stay. We saw just about everything except Elephants on the drives. The accommodation was very good, it looked like the chalets had all just been refurbished. The air conditioner was a bonus as the nights were cold and the air con heated the room perfectly. The food prepared by Louisa the chef, was absolutely splendid. I have eaten in high priced Restaurants where it wasn't as good. The ranger on duty, Lucy, was very good and obliging, very knowledgeable and patient and tried her best to find everything. She was running the lodge all on her own but managed to keep it all going faultlessly. I don't know how she managed it on our last evening but as we were going for dinner the elephants came to the water hole in front of the Lodge. Wonderful. Personally I don't think it's for children as there's not much for them to do between game drives. A small jungle gym and some games like Scrabble etc. One TV in the main reception area. Nice pool but of course too cold at this time of year. All the free Tea and Coffee you can drink but the alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and bottled water are all at a premium. I would go back again though.

Room Tip: The chalets are probably the quietest as the lodge rooms are close to the pool which will be noisy w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brits
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
#3 of 21 in Brits
Pilanesberg Tented Safari Camp
Pilanesberg Tented Safari Camp
#5 of 14 in Pilanesberg National Park

Been to Mziki Safari Lodge? Share your experiences!